Why is my Guideline 401k balance not showing in my Quicken subscription for MAC?

Craig LA
Craig LA Member
Guideline 401k balance is not showing in my Quicken subscription for MAC. I can see the account and it showed yesterday when I added it. But today it won't display. Just showing zero. :/

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Craig LA

I just tried to add a Guideline 401k in a test file, and nothing showed up in the list of financial institutions that are supported in Quicken.  I also went to Guideline's website and they have absolutely no information of Quicken or downloading data.  I also searched Quicken and this Forum for references to and all I found were community posts for the last several years indicating that Guideline doesn't support Quicken connections.

I am not sure exactly what you mean when you say that you "can see the account...".  Did you simply setup a "manual account" in your Quicken file yesterday, and didn't try to connect that manual account for downloads until today?  If that is what happened, I am sorry to say that you cannot "connect" that account through Quicken and unless they can provide you with some type of downloaded file of transactions, you'll need to maintain the account manually.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Craig LA

I just tried to add a Guideline 401k in a test file, and nothing showed up in the list of financial institutions that are supported in Quicken.  I also went to Guideline's website and they have absolutely no information of Quicken or downloading data.  I also searched Quicken and this Forum for references to and all I found were community posts for the last several years indicating that Guideline doesn't support Quicken connections.

I am not sure exactly what you mean when you say that you "can see the account...".  Did you simply setup a "manual account" in your Quicken file yesterday, and didn't try to connect that manual account for downloads until today?  If that is what happened, I am sorry to say that you cannot "connect" that account through Quicken and unless they can provide you with some type of downloaded file of transactions, you'll need to maintain the account manually.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Craig LA
    Craig LA Member
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.