How to deal with mismatched transaction (Q Mac)

Options
Kevin Dean
Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
I have a recurring $20 transaction every Friday, the latest being yesterday, December 2, and the next being December 9. I just downloaded transactions from my bank (RBC Royal Bank in Canada) and Quicken decided that the best match for the $20 transaction in the download file is the one that hasn't happened yet. See image.

If this were a new transaction, I could drag and drop to the correct transaction to match it to, but because this is a scheduled transaction, dragging the wrong transaction onto the right one does nothing.

This isn't the first time that Quicken has decided that a scheduled transaction that hasn't happened yet is the correct match for one that has been downloaded.

How do I fix this?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here's what you need to do: Right click on the incorrectly matched transaction and select Reject Automatic Transaction Match. This will separate the downloaded and originally entered transaction back into two separate transactions. Now you can drag and drop the downloaded transaction to the correct manual transaction to match it.

Pro tip: sometimes it's helpful to turn on the Match Status column to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Here's what you need to do: Right click on the incorrectly matched transaction and select Reject Automatic Transaction Match. This will separate the downloaded and originally entered transaction back into two separate transactions. Now you can drag and drop the downloaded transaction to the correct manual transaction to match it.

Pro tip: sometimes it's helpful to turn on the Match Status column to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Kevin Dean
    Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
    Options
    That solved it, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.