Update password not working (Q Mac, Quicken ID)

steveratcliff
steveratcliff Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
Installed Quicken desktop to a new machine (MBP M1 max). Attempted to sign in and password didn't work so using the "forgot my password" link I reset my password. Quicken accepted the password and pushed me to the screen to log in. I pasted the exact same password and it did not work. Tried this numerous times with the same result.

Are there password rules that are not listed while inputting a password? I can only assume my password passes the rules because it was accepted.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @steveratcliff,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Upon reviewing your account here internally, we are seeing an internal error occur each time you attempt to log in. Due to this particular error, we advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for assistance as this error will likely require an escalation to be filed in order to successfully resolve.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• steveratcliff
    steveratcliff Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Anja" Thanks. Spoke with support and figured out that Quicken is unable to handle signing in while a VPN is in use. What? I'm surprised and underwhelmed by this but such is. Luckily Quicken appears to function with my VPN after signing in. This is worth noting to your engineers. I don't have this issue with any other financial software.
This discussion has been closed.