QUICKEN for WINDOWS 10 in the UK

barraboy
barraboy Member
edited January 2023 in Before you Buy
Don't use any links to the banks
Been using Quicken for years (20yrs?) - currently running Quicken 10 Deluxe - but it's starting to become quite temperamental to start - can take several attempts - when I'm finally in it's fine

Is a new version available for the UK (without the bank links etc) - a version that might start correctly (of course I'd need to retain my current and historical transactions)

Any info appreciated
Regards

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is shown when you do Help->About Quicken ?  Answer that and you can get some solid answers.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• barraboy
    barraboy Member
    I don't think that helps much - it's more-or-less as I said in the 1st post - just says Quicken 2010 Deluxe Release R

We tried to upgrade several years ago - but because we were in the UK we were prohibited
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You put in more words and #s this time in the right order as there was no Quicken 10 ever and the title showed Windows 10, so it was hard to be sure what you were indicating.
    You should be able to convert your data file to Quicken for Windows 2013 (QW2013) using this link:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken
    If you then want to move up to the latest version of Quicken which is an annual subscription, you can purchase it directly from Quicken.com or potentially from Amazon.  You might have to use a bogus ZIP code for the address (we tend to suggest your embassy or consulate in the US) to get past that part of the purchase.  Be advised though, if you do not renew the subscription, part of the screen will be taken over by a notice that your subscription has expired urging you to renew, see this thread, ( Expiration-Banner ) so you might want to stick with 2013.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given the latest reports of not being able to log in to the Quicken Id from foreign countries at times, I would recommend not going to the subscription version which requires it.  Quicken Windows 2013 US is the last version that can be used without a Quicken Id.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.