I have two cc accounts that the online balance does not match the actually online balance

Options
hfriz
hfriz Member
Ever since Quicken added pending balances and removed them, I still have two online cc accounts that will not reconcile correctly. The online balances do not match. The online balance in quicken is the online balance minus the pending balance. There is no way for me to reconcile my accounts without doing it manually. How do I fix this? (For example, my online balance on my account is $1000 and has pending charges of $200 online, my online balance in quicken is $800 so I can't even add the pending balance as it is crediting a debit)

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have seen this problem recently with a Bank of America credit card. If I attempt to reconcile to the Online Balance in the evening, around 9PM Eastern time, the online balance includes pending transactions. and it will not reconcile.

If I try again the next morning, the pending transactions have posted and it reconciles OK.

Do your accounts reconcile if you do it in the morning?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • hfriz
    hfriz Member
    Options
    No, I have not been able to get it reconciled in over a month regardless what time (I do usually do it in the morning). I have tried different times. But it is not all my accounts. Only 2. My cleared balance in quicken matches my credit cards online balance, but the quicken online balance is not correct.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hfriz said:
    Ever since Quicken added pending balances and removed them, I still have two online cc accounts that will not reconcile correctly. The online balances do not match. The online balance in quicken is the online balance minus the pending balance. There is no way for me to reconcile my accounts without doing it manually. How do I fix this? (For example, my online balance on my account is $1000 and has pending charges of $200 online, my online balance in quicken is $800 so I can't even add the pending balance as it is crediting a debit)
    Hello @hfriz,   

I am sorry about this trouble with incorrect balances. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Can you tell us which financial institution(s) is associated with the affected accounts? What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. 

I look forward to corresponding about this further.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It appears that this issue depends on the data that is downloaded by the affected credit card companies.  To get this resolved you should contact Quicken Support.

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted here

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

QWin Premier subscription
  • hfriz
    hfriz Member
    Options
    They both are Express Web Connect. Discover account and Fidelity Visa. I have tried resetting and nothing changes. I have been using quicken for well over 10 years and I haven't change anything.
  • vinson67
    vinson67 Member
    Options
    For all three credit card accounts (2 at Chase, 1 at Citibank), "Online Balance" hasn't changed since Dec 12, 2022. The new transactions continue to download, but the online balance remains what it was on Dec 12. Please fix this. Banking and investment accounts update online balance daily and correctly. Only the credit card online balances have stopped updating.
This discussion has been closed.