Issue with QFX Imports

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Fidelity Visa Cash Rewards - Trouble Downloading Transactions on Mac Version.

Comments

• jamesevh
    jamesevh Member ✭✭
    The Elan interface for downloading the Visa credit transactions was updated approximately 3 weeks ago which doesn’t function. When attempting to download transactions, it provides a choice of 3 file types of which qfx is one. Quicken for Mac can’t import the data. The old system worked seamlessly for years. I’m using the latest version of Quicken, 6.10.3 on MacOS 12.6.1.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jamesevh said:
    The Elan interface for downloading the Visa credit transactions was updated approximately 3 weeks ago which doesn’t function. When attempting to download transactions, it provides a choice of 3 file types of which qfx is one. Quicken for Mac can’t import the data. The old system worked seamlessly for years. I’m using the latest version of Quicken, 6.10.3 on MacOS 12.6.1.
    Hello @jamesevh,   

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services, and with importing transactions. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Can you tell us more about what happens when you try to import the transactions into Quicken? Also, If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your Elan-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by clicking on the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbols in the upper menu at the top of  choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jamesevh
    jamesevh Member ✭✭
    Quicken Message: “Unable to read the selected Web Connect file.” Please contact your financial institution.
    I created a test account, and had the same error trying to download the Visa transactions.
    Question…how do I delete my new test file?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    jamesevh said:
    Quicken Message: “Unable to read the selected Web Connect file.” Please contact your financial institution.
    I created a test account, and had the same error trying to download the Visa transactions.
    Question…how do I delete my new test file?
    Hello @jamesevh,   

I do apologize that this problem seems to be replicating in the test data file. Thank you for updating me about your results.

You should be able to delete the test file using the instructions provided in this link. 

Given that this problem is occurring across data files, it will be necessary to reach out to the financial institution for further assistance and possible escalation as QFX files are generated and provided by the financial institution. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I am having the same issue. I also downloaded the .qfx file on a PC and it worked ok with Quicken. I then transferred the file to my Mac and opened in Quicken and got the same message "Unable to Read The Selected Web Connect File.
  • jamesevh
    jamesevh Member ✭✭
    Tried to download Fidelity Visa transactions today but was again unsuccessful. I used Safari running the latest Quicken for Mac v 6.10.3 on newest update MacOS 12.6.2. My previous attempted download used Firefox, so the browser isn’t the issue. This problem has persisted for approximately 4 weeks.
    Jim
  • UDGH556
    UDGH556 Member ✭✭
    Hello I am having the same issue. I'm unable to import the QFX into Quicken for Mac. The same file imports fine into other applications such as YNAB though.
  • Doug Eldred
    Doug Eldred Member ✭✭
    As a workaround, create a Mint.com account for your credit credit. Then you can download .csv and import that into Quicken. It's a little tedious, but a lot easier and more accurate than entering everything manually.
  • jamesevh
    jamesevh Member ✭✭
    You can easily download your Fidelity credit card transactions on the Elan website instead of trying through Fidelity. Go to:
    “my account access.com”. You’ll need to call Elan card services and ask for tech assistance to get through the security setup. Be sure to have your Fidelity Visa card when you call. The download process is fast & efficient and works seamlessly with Quicken Mac.
    Jim
This discussion has been closed.