Cannot set up BofA for quicken ( Bank of America )

mesoman
mesoman Member
I have Quicken Premier 6.10.3.

I cannot get my BofA accounts set up for it.

I click "update" on an account, and it takes me to a BofA login page. I log in and I am looking at my BofA home page. I have no idea how to authorize Quicken access from there.

On other financial sites, once you log in, it redirects to a site specifically to authorize Quicken. But not with BofA for me.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    suggest 'deactivating' online services for Bank of America within Quicken and then begin the actication process again... that should work

when you get the screen that says 'success' in the upper left corner, DO NOT TOUCH your desktop for about 1 minute - there is still processing going on and it risks messing with your Q file if you don't wait for the process to complete.
  • mesoman
    mesoman Member
    Thanks, I had tried that to no avail yesterday. I left the online services disabled.

But... today I just tried again - authorized the account on Quicken, and this time it it worked. The BofA login page took me to the right place, where I could then authorize.

I suspect the BofA site had a temporary problem. As an old IT guy, that isn't terribly unusual, especially on a weekend.

Thanks for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.