Are we able to use our tax exempt status to renew our Quicken

We used a reseller to purchase our licenses for Quicken Deluxe. Now we need to renew but they are telling me they can't renew, rather we need to go through Quicken. I am only finding that I have to use a credit card, PayPal or our banking info. Is there any way around this?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can purchase Quicken through many 3rd party retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, Costco, etc. You just enter the activation code in the package to extend your subscription.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • qcknhs@
    qcknhs@ Member
    Thanks Greg, I didn't even think of that. I assumed that would mess up our subscriptions.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    If you buy a new Quicken make sure it's NOT for New Users only.  That won't renew your subscription.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Just to summarize -
    1 - you can purchase retail Quicken from your usual sources & use your tax-exempt letter to save taxes...
    2 - you DO NOT want any version that indicates - "For New Users Only" -
    3 - within the box (or download & email) - there should be an Activation Card - with a code & maybe an expiration date
    4 - you don't have to actually install any new software - you just need the Activation Code
    5 - within the last 6 months of your Quicken Subscription -
    you can enter the Activation Code in your existing Quicken to extend your Subscription
    ... ... --> Help --> About Quicken
    ... ... --> Help --> Manage Your Subscription --> Enter Activation Code

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.