Windows 11, VM, Slow

sjmo2
sjmo2 Member ✭✭
I have been using Quicken (WIN) for years on a VM with my Mac (Parallels) with no issues until the past 3 months. Recently several aspects of Quicken have slowed to an unusable crawl. I am seeing this mostly when categorizing downloaded transactions, which has a 20-30 seconds lag when typing categories and then selecting from the list. Literally, one letter at a time taking 5 seconds or more to load from drop-down list of categories. Have done all the usuals, checked memory allocation for VM, etc.

Win 11
Quicken Ver.: R45.13
Build: 27.1.45.13

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you leaving Quicken open and running or closing and reopening Quicken each time you use it?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • sjmo2
    sjmo2 Member ✭✭
    Reopening. I usually reconcile once a week.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
  • sjmo2
    sjmo2 Member ✭✭
    Windows defender is off, all files local, here is the path: "C:\Users\sjmo2\Quicken_Backup\QDATA_20081111_<<REDACTED>>.QDF"
  • Greg_the_Geek
    My only other suggestion would be to try starting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking and then running Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.