Error CC-501 when trying to connect to College Advantage Plan

Amo1
Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
I have been trying to add a College Advantage Plan, which Quicken supports for online services, and keep getting the CC-501 error.  I have tried multiple times the last 3 days and keep getting the same error (see attached).  When I looked up the error on the Quicken website, the instructions say to wait 24 hours and try again, and if you are still getting the error, contact support.  Has anyone else encountered and corrected this issue?   Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Amo1 said:
    I have been trying to add a College Advantage Plan, which Quicken supports for online services, and keep getting the CC-501 error.  I have tried multiple times the last 3 days and keep getting the same error (see attached).  When I looked up the error on the Quicken website, the instructions say to wait 24 hours and try again, and if you are still getting the error, contact support.  Has anyone else encountered and corrected this issue?   Thanks!
    Hello @Amo1,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you already spoken with Quicken Support? If not, you should be able to do this with the link provided here. They will need to document and diagnose this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. Log files will need to be collected (you can submit these by navigating to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen). I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the best path forward given the circumstances. 

You can read more about the CC-501 error message here in this Support Article

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Amo1

I just solved a CC-501 problem with ALL of my EWC accounts. I went to EDIT/PREFERENCES/QUICKEN ID, chose LOG IN AS ANOTHER USER and re-entered my Quicken account creds. Might be worth a try.

Good Luck!
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you @mrzookie and @Quicken Jared. I tried to log out and log back into account, and that did not work.  I am have been on the phone with Quicken support for 40 minutes, and they are having issues adding the account as well.  
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Adding @Quicken Anja to this discussion, since I saw a post from her on this back in July.  @Quicken Anja, can you please confirm that the College Advantage Direct 529 Savings plan is supported by Quicken for online services?  Thank you. 
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja, any help here would be greatly appreciated.  If the College Advantage Direct 529 Savings plan is not supported by Quicken for online services (even though it is included in the Quicken add account list), it would be helpful for me to know so I do not waste time.  I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday with Quicken support, per @Quicken_Jared recommendation, and they could not tell me anything.  I have included a screen shot of the issue, which includes the URL for the plan.  Thank you.

• JSU
    JSU Member
    I just tried to setup a new Collegeadvantage account to connect to Quicken with no luck as well. My old Collegeadvantage accounts could never connect as well. I am giving up and entering updates manually - as I have done for years.
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response JSU!  @Quicken Anja, can you please let me know if The College Advantage plan is in fact not supported for online services by Quicken?   I have attached a screen shot showing how it does appear in the dropdown when you try to add an account.  If it is not supported, it should be removed from the dropdown to avoid confusion and people wasting time.  I spent over an hour on the phone with Quicken support, and they did not tell me it was not supported, so there seems to be some confusion, as you can see by the post above that others are having problems as well.  Thank you!

• Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    A response from someone at Quicken would be appreciated. @Quicken Anja, if not you, could you please route to someone more appropriate?  Thank you.

• Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken moderators- anything?   @Quicken Anja I only put you on this thread, because you responded to a similar one earlier this year.  If you are not the right person, can you please forward to someone that could answer the question?  Thank you.  

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Amo1,

As far as we can tell, this financial institution is supported. The only information I was able to find based on previous reports is that there was a URL change that occurred on the financial institution's side earlier this year in which case it will require the financial institution to submit a request to have the URL changed within Quicken. Please refer to the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this support article for more info on this.

However, if the URL has since been accurately updated and the issue now solely concerns the CC-501 error code reported in this thread then please review this support article regarding error CC-501.

As stated in the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hrs, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely be required to file an escalation in order to resolve.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Quicken Anja.  I called the College Direct Advantage Plan directly, any they informed me that they do not partner with Quicken.  He said that he has fielded several calls from people because Quicken lists them as a partner with the capability to connect to them directly, which is not correct.  Can Quicken please remove the College Advantage plan from the list of online institutions?  This will save people a lot of time and headaches.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.