Online payment to send indicated but there is none (Wells Fargo)

rlangeoid
rlangeoid Member ✭✭
Hello,
I have a similar or the same issue to another discussion I found.
I did the support recommended items to the other person. But unlike them I cannot restore datafile to fix the issue.
Please someone assist as how to find and repair erroneous pending send indicator as it gets in road with closing quicken and few other actions.
Would appreciate assistance.
Rick L.

Comments

• rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    FYI on release windows R45.21, build 27.1.45.21
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    rlangeoid said:
    FYI on release windows R45.21, build 27.1.45.21
    Hello @rlangeoid,  

I am sorry about this problem with online payments and incorrect 'pending' messages. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your response, and I hope to provide further assistance. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    Hey Jared,
    #1 this is icon in check register which when opened says "You have 1 online bill payment to send".

#2 is online center with no pending payments to send.

So you see something has gotten disconnected somewhere at sometime.
    Uploading doesn't make anything change,
    Running VALIDATE or SUPER VALIDATE shows nothing.
    I believe something got broke (reference or pointer) internally and is left the indicator stranded.

Can you help how to find and or repair?

Rick
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Apologies shot #2 was wrong-o. Duh
    This should be it.

• Quicken Jared
    rlangeoid said:
    Apologies shot #2 was wrong-o. Duh
    This should be it.
    Hello @rlandeoid,   

I am sorry about these problems remaining, and thanks so much for the helpful screenshots. 

If you haven't already, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then navigate to the Bills & Income tab. Go to the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen, then click on Review & Repair in the dropdown menu that appears. A second menu will appear; click the Review and Repair Payments option here.

Let me know how this works for you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    Thanks, had already tried that. Just comes back and says
    "All local payment transactions are present on the server"
    Rick
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    and
    "All server payment transactions are present locally"
  • Quicken Jared
    rlangeoid said:
    and
    "All server payment transactions are present locally"
    Hello @rlangeoid,   

Next, save a backup once again, then sign out of your data file. You may then sign back into your data file to see if this will assist us in reaching a resolution. Please follow the steps below in order to do this:
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Let us know if this resolves the issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Jared,
    Thanks did all that. Seemingly no problem. Signed back in.
    Register icon now says " You have 2 online bill payments to send".
    Online Center shows 1 item which is this screen shot from check register which looks like processed okay? but no second item?
    Rick

• rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Here is what shows in Online center now....

• rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    But if I try to exit Quicken for example, Still says there is 1 online payment to send......
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    I'm going to give this another day or two and see if one or more of these payments clears bank okay.
    There is one other check register for this payee from the 16th that has a "SENT" in check #.
    I don't know what that means as don't think have ever seen a "SENT" status in check #. That may be the other pending payment? Just kinda unclear on that one?
    Thanks Rick....
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rlangeoid said:
    I'm going to give this another day or two and see if one or more of these payments clears bank okay.
    There is one other check register for this payee from the 16th that has a "SENT" in check #.
    I don't know what that means as don't think have ever seen a "SENT" status in check #. That may be the other pending payment? Just kinda unclear on that one?
    Thanks Rick....
    Does it say SENT or SEND? 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    It says Sent
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    But if you look at the transaction "Status" it indicates "Payment status request ready to send".

• rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    Hello Jared,
    I'm back hopefully you may be too.
    After a couple of days I have two of my questionable online payments cleared okay.
    BUT, in Quicken after numerous online updates I still have the indicator on the checking account of
    "you have 1 online bill payment to send"
    the subsequent Online Center window shows no payment pending for the checking account.
    So again some link is broken somewhere.
    Validate and Super Validate shows nothing.

Can you help assist in fixing this?
    Thank you Rick
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    So I still get the erroneous message about when exiting Quicken about having a ONLINE PAYMENT to send.
    Rick
  • Quicken Jared
    rlangeoid said:
    So I still get the erroneous message about when exiting Quicken about having a ONLINE PAYMENT to send.
    Rick
    Hello @rlangeoid,    

Thanks so much for continuing to get back to me with more information about what is happening, and I am sorry that you did not receive a response sooner.

First, are the details of the payment in the register matching those in the screenshot provided earlier? Is the amount identical? If this is the case, are you comfortable with deleting the payment? If this is your objective, you will have to erase the Sent status from the Check Number field, save the payment, and then see if this changes the transaction to a manual transaction from a Bill Payment (it should appear as an 'orange pencil' icon if and when this happens). On the other hand, if you don't wish to delete the Payment, then I recommend reaching out to Wells Fargo for further instructions about how this particular payment should be handled.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rlangeoid
    rlangeoid Member ✭✭
    Thanks for getting back Jared.
    So at this point in time I still have an indicator of "online bill payment to send" on the checking account line in the accounts list. Nothing should be pending that hasn't cleared or been removed.
    See online center here attached.

So bottom line is how do I find and fix?
    Thanks Rick
  • Hello @rlangeoid,

Thank you for providing more information. 

If the process explained in @Quicken Jared's previous response did not work, then at this point, we advise contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.