Multiple issues with QWin

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Account updates taking a very long time (Q Mac).

Comments

• kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Windows version.  Not only is today (12/20) significantly slower to update but after it finished it had totally wrecked a Bank of America Checking account balance ... to the extent I had to restore from a backup and reset cloud data.  I noticed an update to the software was made available overnight so I updated.  Now, I can't display 2023 budget.  When I hit planning tab, then switch from 2022 to 2023 the app crashes and pops up the 'send to support' box.  Yet another Quicken disaster.
  • kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Also after the update, register column widths are totally jacked up.  I've also noticed other significant issues with the user interface.  What a mess!!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    kuhawksr1 said:
    Also after the update, register column widths are totally jacked up.  I've also noticed other significant issues with the user interface.  What a mess!!
    Hello @kuhawksr1,   

I am sorry about these varying issues you are experiencing. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

In regards to the problem with crashing when trying to access budgets, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

With respect to the Column width issue, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

Also, 
    where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.