Problem Downloading USAA Visa Transactions

Steve PJ
Steve PJ Member ✭✭
During the past couple months Quicken will not download USAA Visa transactions until each transaction as been "categorized" by USAA. This delays the ability to reconcile the account indefinitely because Quicken recognizes the correct online balance but the supporting transactions are not downloaded.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Steve PJ said:
    During the past couple months Quicken will not download USAA Visa transactions until each transaction as been "categorized" by USAA. This delays the ability to reconcile the account indefinitely because Quicken recognizes the correct online balance but the supporting transactions are not downloaded.
    Hello @Steve PJ,  

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding USAA accounts and issues of this nature. You can follow the link provided here for additional details, and any future updates. 

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jo We
    Jo We Member
    This is resolved. USAA is now Direct Connect. Your old Access ID and PIN will not work! Access and PIN will be reassigned via USAA.
    In 'Account Details' click the 'Online Services' tab, Deactivate your Account. Click OK. In 'Tools' click 'Add Account', search for 'USAA Federal Savings Bank', highlight, click Next, click 'Banking accounts', click Next, On the Access ID page look on to the right and click 'Get Access ID and Pin', this will take you to the USAA sign-in page, and follow the instructions.
  • Steve PJ
    Steve PJ Member ✭✭
    I cannot find the 'online services' tab. I found 'disconnect account' under account settings/downloads. Is this the same thing? Please advise. Thank you.
  • Steve PJ
    Steve PJ Member ✭✭
    I followed your instructions but the issue is NOT resolved. The problem remains that Quicken will not download USAA Signature Visa transactions until they are categorized by USAA. This means my account cannot be automatically reconciled because the current balance will not match because there's always a lag of a couple days or more until the transactions download into Quicken. The categorization by USAA is what is causing the issue. I have to manually access USAA, look at my transactions, and enter them into Quicken in order to reconcile the account.
  • Steve PJ
    Steve PJ Member ✭✭
    > @"Jo We" said:
    > This is resolved. USAA is now Direct Connect. Your old Access ID and PIN will not work! Access and PIN will be reassigned via USAA.
    > In 'Account Details' click the 'Online Services' tab, Deactivate your Account. Click OK. In 'Tools' click 'Add Account', search for 'USAA Federal Savings Bank', highlight, click Next, click 'Banking accounts', click Next, On the Access ID page look on to the right and click 'Get Access ID and Pin', this will take you to the USAA sign-in page, and follow the instructions.

The problem has actually gotten worse. Now none of my USAA Signature Visa transactions are downloading into Quicken.
  • jldehmlow
    jldehmlow Member ✭✭
    I unlinked then re-linked my USAA account and it still will not download new transactions even though I know several transactions are on my bank account. Will this "no transactions downloading with USAA Federal Savings Bank" issue be resolved soon? It is month's end I need to be able to reconcile and don't want to have to enter missing transactions manually.
  • Steve671
    Steve671 Member
    This issue has been going on for months with the same update "teams are continuing to work the issue with no ETA". It would be helpful to get a more meaningful update.
  • Steve PJ
    Steve PJ Member ✭✭
    I stopped using USAA as my primary credit card due to this Quicken issue. I use my credit card daily and it's too much hassle to input every transaction so I switched cards until this issue is resolved.
  • jldehmlow
    jldehmlow Member ✭✭
    Good idea to change credit cards. My downloads were working OK until Jan. 26, and since then no downloads at all from USAA Federal Savings Bank. As Steve mentioned it would be nice to get some more feedback about resolution of this issue so customers can take necessary action.
  • eilandm
    eilandm Member
    NOT resolved! Followed all the steps, linked accounts (credit card and bank), and got a message from USAA saying I am now connected to Quicken by Direct Connect (as I had been for years before this problem emerged). I seem to be connected, but no transactions are downloading.
This discussion has been closed.