How to open my lost current year quicken file?

Edigna
Edigna Member ✭✭
:'( :'(

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Go to File > Find Quicken Files.  This will relatively quickly find all Quicken data files (including backup that are on your local drive.

But I noticed that the path you show is for One Drive.  I don't know how this works with a Cloud storage site but saving and running the Quicken data from from a Cloud is strongly advised against.  If that is done the data file is at high risk of getting corrupted and perhaps not recoverable.  Quicken is designed to be run (both program and data file) from a local drive.  Saving backup files on One Drive or some other non-local site is OK.  You can read more at https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-opening-data-file-while-using-online-storage-service.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Edigna
    Edigna Member ✭✭
    I have looked through all the files shown on the bottom left side and all that is shown is
    17207OneDrive\ Documents\ Quicken 17207sQuickenData
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Go to File > Find Quicken Files.  This will relatively quickly find all Quicken data files (including backup that are on your local drive.

But I noticed that the path you show is for One Drive.  I don't know how this works with a Cloud storage site but saving and running the Quicken data from from a Cloud is strongly advised against.  If that is done the data file is at high risk of getting corrupted and perhaps not recoverable.  Quicken is designed to be run (both program and data file) from a local drive.  Saving backup files on One Drive or some other non-local site is OK.  You can read more at https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-opening-data-file-while-using-online-storage-service.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Edigna
    Edigna Member ✭✭
    thank you for responding.
This discussion has been closed.