Account updates taking a very long time (Q Mac)

ubercool
ubercool Member
Has anyone else experienced dramatically longer online account update times? This task now takes far longer than the one minute or so it took before. My account updates include Ally Bank, Best Buy, and Capital One.

Don’t know which account it hangs on but I submitted my log files to tech support.

Comments

• mapleosb
    mapleosb Member ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Same for me using Quicken Mac. Using three different banks and one broker.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ubercool said:
    Has anyone else experienced dramatically longer online account update times? This task now takes far longer than the one minute or so it took before. My account updates include Ally Bank, Best Buy, and Capital One.

Don’t know which account it hangs on but I submitted my log files to tech support.
    Hello @ubercool and @mapleosb,   

I am sorry about this issue with slow updates. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restarting your computer? Also, you may attempt to uninstall the software by making use of the instructions provided here, then waiting 5 seconds or so and reinstalling it using these instructions.

Also, when did this issue begin? Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

I look forward to hearing about how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • blubkeman
    blubkeman Member ✭✭✭
    This has also been happening to me for the first time in the past week or so. Dramatically longer account download times. No rhyme or reason. I tried restoring from an earlier backup but still happens. It eventually always resolves, but this is very new.
  • JPark
    JPark Member
    Same here. I have 2 separate Quicken accounts, different banks, and the updating is taking many minutes when it used to take 30+ seconds. It started up right after the update. Please fix.
  • Piling on with this. I updated from 6.11, and lost all my investment transactions (some bonds weren't accounted for, and some of my accounts showed no transactions past 60 days ago). Glad I keep backups! Took me all morning to go back to 6.11...and I still am unable to connect completely to Chase...only 2 of my 3 accounts are showing. Please don't release updates without making them work completely and correctly
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness or freezing when attempting to update their accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    I am going to make the assumption that the folks reporting this are using version 6.11.1 , the most recent release . If that is indeed the case the issue is being driven from the connectivity status window. Having the connectivity set to never has given me delays of up to 5 mins. I have set the status back to always and the download time is , 1 min..Hope the helps
  • Lazarus Long
    Lazarus Long Member ✭✭✭
    Same here! Also, we seemed to have lost the option to update selected accounts. You can now only update all accounts.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I am going to make the assumption that the folks reporting this are using version 6.11.1 , the most recent release . If that is indeed the case the issue is being driven from the connectivity status window. Having the connectivity set to never has given me delays of up to 5 mins. I have set the status back to always and the download time is , 1 min..Hope the helps
    I didn't think the display or non display of the Connectivity Status window would have anything to do with download time. So I just tested each way, twice, alternately, and the time was the same on every download. That's not it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • blubkeman
    blubkeman Member ✭✭✭
    Update to my earlier comment: the 16.11.1 update seems to have resolved the issue, at least for me. Will post again if it recurs and will also let Customer Support know if it does.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    @RickO I see your post but that is what I observed both Production & Beta files.
  • Rick Milton
    Rick Milton Member ✭✭✭
    Same with me! Very slow connection -- and sometimes it would update and sometimes it wouldn't. I called the bank to ask if they saw anything on their end and they said it all looked ok. I sometimes would have to try two or three times -- and it would have to sit for several minutes before it would update the transactions, if it did work.
  • MegDavid
    MegDavid Member
    I just updated to Quicken Deluxe 6.11.1 (Build 611.47285.100) and this problem cropped up. Accounts finally updated after 4 or 5 minutes.
  • SHM
    SHM Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I opened the files this morning and noticed how long it took to sync. I updated the Quicken Premier to 611.47285.100. The problem still persisted. I am running macOS 13.0.1.
  • Ken W.
    Ken W. Member ✭✭✭
    Not sure this problem is due to the 6.11 update. I'm still using QM 6.10.3 and have also been experiencing very slow downloads for the last several days. Is is possible there is some other issue not related to the update?
  • Joel
    Joel Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Just saw and update to 6.11.1. My first update is still very slow. Before that I was on 6.10.3. Not sure how Quicken messes this up so easily? it is not as if this is a new product..... I would suggest they look at some of their new security measures that are being implemented with some of the banks....

Noticing that it is stuck in updating transactions.....
  • jsurpless
    jsurpless Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Same happening for me, American Express card is timing out because of it... so I can't download from them at all

*EDIT* - seems to be working better now?
  • Steve M
    Steve M Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. It started in early December 2022 when I was on 6.10.3; I have upgraded to 6.11.1 and the issue is exactly the same. I've tried all of the recommendations, including restarting computer etc., and the issue is still here. It definitely seems to have started when I upgraded to 6.10.3. Before that, everything was relatively quick; now from the moment I enter my username and password, I get the "beach ball" for at least a minute just to get the app to start; this used to take about 5 seconds. Clicking the "Update Accounts" (clockwise circular arrow icon, upper left corner right below the menu) used to take maybe 30 seconds to update everything and now it generally takes about 5 minutes, and a few of my accounts consistently do not update properly, whereas previously they consistently updated no problem. Please help! Thank you, Steve M.
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023
    This morning (2 January), I'm experiencing 'stuck' downloads on both QMac and QWin.   Both worked fine yesterday, so it has to be a Quicken server issue and no doubt everyone is on holiday still today...

My QMac accounts are all Charles Schwab... and this infinite spining 'update' icon points to a major flaw in the code for both Mac and Win apps:   proper time-out code.  If there is no server response within a minute (or whatever), please kill the process and display a message and let us get back to work, including closing the file.

(On QWin today, American Express and my regional bank were both able to complete... the infinite (15 minutes now) 'updating account' is happening for Capital One, Schwab and Chase.)

Edit:  QMac finally completed after about 10 minutes, with no transactions downloaded.  QWin is going on 20 minutes now...

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023
    No download at all on Quicken Mac
    I am getting MFA code/numbers but the window to enter it never comes
    No FI gets updated ( MFA or Not)

Connectivity status shows no problem as if all accounts are successfully updated, which is untrue
  • adm0385
    adm0385 Member
    I'm having the same issue - it will not update my accounts. When is this going to be resolved?
This discussion has been closed.