Unable to purchase Quicken [edited]

Patsky
Patsky Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Before you Buy
I am trying to purchase Quicken. I had a trial version a few years ago so I already have an old account and that is the problem. I get to the secure checkout page and enter my existing credentials (it won't let me create a new account with the old email address) and it tells me that my account needs to be migrated - click here. So I click "here" and it takes me to a new page with no buttons to push or data to enter. Nothing happens. Do you really want to make this so hard I go away again??? I've tried several times during the past three months and there is no real time help available:(

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you log in to be able to post here?  You should be able to log in to your Quicken.com account with that same log in information.

You mentioned that you had a "trial version" previously.  Quicken does not have a trial version.  After you buy Quicken you have 30 days to use the program and if you do not like it you can request a refund (before the 30 days is up) and get a full refund.  If by "trial version" you mean you had it in 2016 or earlier then you had an account with Intuit.  Intuit spun off Quicken in 2016 so the Intuit login does not work with Quicken any longer.  Maybe that is why you got the message about the account needing to be migrated?  If it is that long ago then I would not be surprised if that migration link no longer works.  If that is the case you should be able to set up a new account with whatever login information you used to enter your post here.

Quicken does have live support via Phone and Online Chat.  You can access that information at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options.  If the Phone and Chat buttons do not work, make sure your browser is set to allow popups.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Hello @Patsky

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

Due to the nature of this issue, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can utilize functions such as screen share. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Patsky ,

Start Over:
    1. Clean your Browser Cache.
    2. Using your Browser, go to: https://www.quicken.com/ Hover the Mouse over Sign In and click on Sign in under My Account.
    3. Make sure you can Sign in, otherwise, you might not have an Account at Quicken.com.
    4. Repeat 2. On the next Window, click on Create Account.
    5. After creating the account, sign out and sign back in to test.
    6. Determine, which flavor of Quicken, you want: Starter Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business?
    7. https://www.quicken.com/product-selector 
    8. Questions!

After Quicken is installed.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Patsky
    Patsky Member ✭✭
    I tried that months ago and every time I have tried since then. I was not able to contact them since I don't have an account I can sign into. The one I am using to talk here seems to be separate. I am using my actual email address, but I said to create a new account and it did. However, on the purchase page, I tried to create a new account and it wouldn't let me because I already had that old account. I can't seem to find a way to get to help without a valid account. I'm in a tight loop here. I can't get real help because I don't have an account and I can't create an account because I already have some old account and the web page that should have resolved this does not actually work.

Perhaps, if you can send an email to help, they can contact me directly. I can give you my phone number or email but I don't want to post it publicly. Thanks for replying.
  • Hello @Patsky

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Patsky
    Patsky Member ✭✭
    @thecreator
    When I attempt to sign in. using the same credentials I am using here, I get the message "Your account needs to be migrated, please click here" That leads nowhere useful. From the support page, I cannot get to actual help unless I sign in which I CANNOT DO. If I cannot actually sign it, I have no way of contacting actual Quicken help. My only hope is that one of you can poke the bear and get them to call me. This seems a little stupid since they apparently don't want to even talk to people who are trying to purchase the product but are having a problem.

I don't know how long ago I used the product, but it was almost certainly before 2016.
  • Patsky
    Patsky Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Someone, who shall remain nameless was able to connect me with Quicken support. I only escalated one level because there's only so much time, [Removed- Disruptive]  They also don't have anyone who can just delete the old account so I can recreate it using the same email. They claim to have no connection any longer to Intuit but because I was a customer of Intuit in the past, there is no way I can be a customer of Quicken and continue to use my old email. The logic of this escapes me. The only resolution they can offer is for me to get a new email account. [Removed-Rant].

All I can say is thank you very much for trying to help me. Without good-hearted people like you, Quicken would not survive. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year.
This discussion has been closed.