How Can I Find Out if Quicken Will Track My Investments?

theoldcoach
theoldcoach Member ✭✭
I was a long time quicken user and decided to try another software because of the shortcoming of tracking my investments. I've been away for a couple of years now and I'm not satisfied and I'm considering coming back to Quicken if I could find out if they are now working with the entities I want to track. How can I find this out?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well .. if you share more of your story, maybe we can answer your Q&A 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• theoldcoach
    theoldcoach Member ✭✭
    I’m not sure how much more I can give you unless I were to tell you which financial institutions I want to link up with. Shouldn’t Quicken have a list of banks/brokerages/etc. that can be accessed via their software?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok … without details,
    I guess your answer is ..  Yes, No, Maybe 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• theoldcoach
    theoldcoach Member ✭✭
    Ok, wow. What are you looking for? You want my account details? Really? So I guess you’re telling me that Quicken has no such list of entities. I used Quicken for 20 years and over time my investments changed and the brokerage firms I was dealing with were not supported by Quicken. I know that changes over time. Without spending money on another version I’m simply trying to figure out what should be a simple question.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Simple question … 
    which financial institutions do you want to support from Quicken… 
    we can look … 
    After using Quicken for 20 YEARS you should know that just by an ADD ACCOUNT … but since you don’t have a current Quicken, we will have to look for you … 
    BUT, WITHOUT A NAME, kinda hard to search 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we need is the bank or broker like Vanguard, Fidelity, Wells Fargo, Chase etc.  Nothing personal.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or do a search in the forum for the broker or fund and see if anyone is having problems with it.  And you can always enter transactions manually if you can't download them.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• theoldcoach
    theoldcoach Member ✭✭
    Ok, try these two. Equitable and Assetmark.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    baumannhome said:  Ok, try these two. Equitable and Assetmark.
    Assetmark - no entry found with that exact name
    Equitable - there are 5 entries... which specific location or type of account do you have

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• theoldcoach
    theoldcoach Member ✭✭
    That's all I needed to know. Basically it's the same as it was. I have a couple others but those two tell me it's the same. Thanks for the help.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a extra bit if info:

In Quicken for Mac, the following institution is listed, with its website:
      Now AssetMark Inc
      ewealthmanager.com

However, this institution is supported in Quicken via Quicken Connect. And Quicken Connect usually means that investment accounts are maintained as Portfolio only, with no Transaction details.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • theoldcoach
    theoldcoach Member ✭✭
    Oh wow. That’s great information. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.