How to enter a transfer between different banks [edit]

Options
weaklove
weaklove Member
How do I make a transfer in my register between bank accounts at different banks

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Put "Transfer: in the Category field. Then you can do one of two things:

1. Turn on the Transfer column (menu View > Columns) and put the other bank account in that column, or 

2. In the Category column put "Transfer:[otherbankname]". That will do the same thing as putting the other bank name in the Transfer column. 

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Options
    Your profile says you're using QWin but you posted in QMac. Which one are you using?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    weaklove said: How do I make a transfer in my register between bank accounts at different banks
    Also - are you expecting Quicken to initiate that Transfer between the banks -
    OR... are you just wanting to manually create and enter that transaction in Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• weaklove
    weaklove Member
    Options
    im expecting expecting Quicken to initiate that Transfer between the banks, then i expecting them to initiate transfers between my different account at the same bank
  • RickO
    Options
    Quicken cannot initiate a transfer between different banks. To do that, you would need to set up inter-bank transfer with at least one of the banks, link the other bank's account, and initiate the transfer on the bank's website. Then you can record that real world transfer in Quicken.

How you record it depends on whether you are using QWin or QMac. You did not answer my question about which platform you're using. When you do answer that, someone will fill in the details.

Quicken can, in some cases, initiate the transfer between accounts at the SAME bank. How you tell if that's possible for a specific bank and how to do it again depends on if using QWin or QMac. The details will have to wait until you answer that question.
This discussion has been closed.