International Brokerage Accounts

Options
Ryanbeeston
Ryanbeeston Member
edited January 2023 in Before you Buy
Can Quicken track both US and Canadian brokerage accounts on the same platform?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    If you have Quicken Mac, the answer is yes.  If you have Quicken Windows, the answer is no.

EDIT:  I should have stated "automatically".  Manually you can do what you like as @jr7107 points out.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Can Quicken track both US and Canadian brokerage accounts on the same platform?
    Yes, you can track both for Quicken Windows. Depending on what your version is either US or CAD.

If you have a US version of Quicken you can track your CAD accounts. This will need to be done manually except for the price upload, where CAD stocks are supported in a price download. I do this everyday with the US version of the software.

If you have a CAD version of Quicken, it is likely you will need a separate account for separate currencies. Download of the CAD account should be no issue, but you won't be able to download anything from a US broker.

There are actually a lot of scenarios here that depend on your specific situation. We'll need more info to help you in the right direction. What is the intended base currency? USD or CAD? And what is the version of software? US or CAD?

Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
This discussion has been closed.