Add subtotals to Banking

oldpopsie
oldpopsie Unconfirmed, Member
edited October 2023 in Display/UI

I want to know how much I have in the bank. I also want to know how much I owe on credit cards. Years ago, these were shown as two separate entities.
Then they were merged to only show the net balance as the banking total.
Please restore the bank account and credit card totals as individual sub-totals in addition to the net banking amount.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where?  Aren't they listed in account bar on the side?  Are you showing balances?  Maybe you need to expand the bank group to show them.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Reports > Account Balances. This breaks out banking and credit card accounts separately, and also subtotals other account types.  You can click on the gear and select the accounts to include. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the sum total of bank accounts minus credit card accounts is a pretty meaningless number (unless it's negative!).
    It is easy to add a Home view which shows credit cards and bank accounts with separate totals.
    While I don't disagree with the idea, I rarely vote up any ideas (especially when there exists a not-too-painful workaround) because all changes to QWin seem to result in new bugs these days.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.