Is it possible to see more than 12 months into the future on the register? a 24 month view?

Options
mangeydog
mangeydog Member ✭✭
I like to plan expenses in the register, once I have a long term budget in place... and to see what affect expenses or long term payments will have on my balances. Is it possible to see beyond 12 months? It seems like that cut-off period could easily be extended, doubled or beyond. Can it be done? If not, why not?
Tagged:

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You can see scheduled transactions more than twelve months in the future if you use the "Next Occurrence" setting. However, in that mode, you don't see any in the same sequence beyond the first one, so that does not help your wanting to see the a projected balance more than 12 months out. Why it's limited to 12 months, I don't know.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure if it helps, but you could add your vote to the following idea request:

Note that #6 is about providing longer periods.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The Projected Balances Graph (in the Bills & Income tab) already lets you select up to 12 months in advance with a setting in Time Range.
    If you want to go longer into the future just select Time Range = "Custom" and then set an End Date in a popup view.
    If you are pre-populating your registers with scheduled future transactions as real register transactions ... that's not necessary. Scheduled Reminders will help with planning for the future, without filling up your register. And if amounts change, editing a reminder "and all future instances" is one transaction vs. editing dozens of future register transactions ...
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    UKR said:
    The Projected Balances Graph (in the Bills & Income tab) already lets you select up to 12 months in advance with a setting in Time Range.
    If you want to go longer into the future just select Time Range = "Custom" and then set an End Date in a popup view.
    Unfortunately, in QMac, the Projected Balances Graph time range is limited to one year. There is no custom option. 

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.