Missing, Broken, Repeating & Disappearing Transactions

Options
MCBurns
MCBurns Member
I don't remember which update it was (a couple months back) but I noticed that I thought I was going crazy. My accounts wouldn't reconcile, I would see downloaded transactions that I could swear I had already entered, Transactions that were already reconciled disappeared or worse-changed, and transfers between accounts would no longer show up in the corresponding account.

At first, I thought it might be me... I forgot, made a mistake or was dreaming that I did it already. Then I started paying attention. I have been using quicken since around 1995. I doubt that it was user error. Could the software be gas lighting me? Something has happened, and now I can't trust the reconciliations. (& the sync doesn't work).

I use to promote Quicken, but in the last several years, I have been concerned... then I got the hang of it again - font issues with newer computers. But if the transactions keep disappearing, I cannot keep using it.

Anyone experience this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MCBurns said:
    I don't remember which update it was (a couple months back) but I noticed that I thought I was going crazy. My accounts wouldn't reconcile, I would see downloaded transactions that I could swear I had already entered, Transactions that were already reconciled disappeared or worse-changed, and transfers between accounts would no longer show up in the corresponding account.

At first, I thought it might be me... I forgot, made a mistake or was dreaming that I did it already. Then I started paying attention. I have been using quicken since around 1995. I doubt that it was user error. Could the software be gas lighting me? Something has happened, and now I can't trust the reconciliations. (& the sync doesn't work).

I use to promote Quicken, but in the last several years, I have been concerned... then I got the hang of it again - font issues with newer computers. But if the transactions keep disappearing, I cannot keep using it.

Anyone experience this?
    Hello @MCBurns,         

I am sorry about these issues with reconciling accounts, missing transactions and broken transfers. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions listed below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know your results after attempting to use these instructions, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • MCBurns
    MCBurns Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I backed up the file and then restored back up (based on other postings I had seen). It took a very long time to sync ( think it said it was corrupted and deleted the cloud to start over). After the sync was successful (for the first time since the update several months ago), things seem to be fine. Just to be sure, I just did the validation per your instructions. It found some errors from several years ago. The balances still appear to be ok. I will look into do the Super Validate if I continue to see errors.
This discussion has been closed.