I can't get a ClientUID set up in Stifel

Peny
Peny Member
I had this working but have lost the client id in my Stifel account. It no longer shows up in the settings under Quicken.

How do I create a new one?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Peny
    Peny Member
    I never get the box of where to set the financial institution.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    Which version of Quicken are you running?  You can get this from Help > About Quicken.

Did this happen after you had just updated the version of Quicken?

• Peny
    Peny Member
    I am on Windows 11 Home
    Version R45.21
    Build 27.1.45.21

It has not been downloading correct data for a couple of months. One institution is fine but Stifel is not.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited January 2023
    Sorry about the late reply.  Are you still having this issue?

If so, there have been reports of a number of issues sounding similar to this with some later R44.XX versions and with R45.XX versions.  You might want to consider reverting to R44.20 which has been relatively stable and trouble-free.  You can do this by downloading the Mondo Patch for it from https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has.  Scroll down to September 2022, click on it and then click on the link for Release R44.20 to download and save that Mondo Patch.  Then double click on the saved file and it will revert your Quicken installation to R44.20.  (You might need to do it via "Run as administrator" instead of double clicking on the file.)

Another option you might want to consider trying is to update to R46.9 which is the latest Mondo Patch. This has just been released so not much is known, yet, about how well it works or if it will resolve this issue.  You can read the Release Notes and download the Mondo Patch for it from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.

Also, I noticed there are 8 different Add Account setup links for Stifel.  No matter which version you are running, if you are not selecting the correct Stifel setup link you will not be able to connect.  If you are not sure which one to use, you can use the process of elimination and try setting up with one link, then try another link, then try another link, etc., until (hopefully) one of those links will work.

This discussion has been closed.