citibank error cc-502

blam
blam Member ✭✭
error cc-502

Answers

• blam
    blam Member ✭✭
    have tried all quicken instructions but can't update data since Nov 23. what's going on?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @blam,

Thank you for visiting the Community and reporting your issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Citi.com website, under Settings / Manage Desktop Apps, did you verify that Quicken is active as an authorized app?
  • NickOfTyme
    NickOfTyme Member ✭✭
    12/14/2022 Just received same error.
  • stanray
    stanray Member ✭✭✭
    I also suffered through this for a month or so. It all started when converting Chase accounts from Direct Connect to Web Connect for me (I'm still upset and suffering that episode) but my Citi Card was affected by this as well. The above message from UKR steered me in a direction I had not considered. I checked with Citi site and I was approved for Quicken 2018 and that was it. I also checked Quicken to see what connection I was using for Citi. Citi had been changed to Web Connect so I switched it back to Direct connect. I had to deactivate the online and reactivate with Direct Connect. I then went back to Citi and and reauthorized access and everything just seems to work as it did before.
  • louislieb
    louislieb Unconfirmed, Member
    What puzzles me about this discussion is that there is an easy temporary workaround: go to the Citibank website, and download transactions into a QFX file, then load it onto quicken. I needed Citi's IT department to walk me through it.
  • LJones2140
    LJones2140 Member ✭✭
    I agree with louislieb. On the Citi website, select the transactions you want to download. For example, if you want to download all the transaction for a given month, select that month and also "show more transactions," if the entire month is not shown when scrolling. Then select download (a down-pointing arrow, pointing to a bracket). Then select "QFX - Quicken" and "Export." Then open the downloaded file on your computer. It will download into your Citi bank account in Quicken if that file is open on your computer.
  • voyagr7
    voyagr7 Member ✭✭
    I am glad the alternative way to download Citi transactions to a file from the Citi webpage works well for importing to Quicken. When the CC-502 happens at least I have a way to download. However, it is a tedious process for me because I have multiple accounts at Citibank and this way of downloading is only for one account at a time. There are often duplicates that Quicken doesn't recognize, so they don't get flagged as matched. I have to manually delete the dups.
  • voyagr7
    voyagr7 Member ✭✭
    Regarding CC-502 for Citibank, I discovered that one cause is recent password change. For whatever reason Citibank forced me to change my password a couple of weeks ago. A few days later I ran Quicken updates and the CC-502 appeared. THERE WAS NO INDICATION THAT IT FAILED DUE TO INCORRECT PASSWORD. My trouble shooting included a look at my password vault where I see a note that says password is "not required". Quicken Support CC-502 instructions specifically say not to deactivate/reactivate the failed accounts. But it turns out that DEACTIVATE/REACTIVATE IS THE ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE CC-502 when a password is changed. Very tedious process and frustrating that this is not an obvious solution presented in the Quicken Support notes.
This discussion has been closed.