Chat and phone support turned off.

Options
ColoTrip
ColoTrip Member ✭✭
One step update not working and it appears that I am not the only person. Does their customer support shut down often? It is not available for either online chat or phone.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe closed today for New Years?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• ColoTrip
    ColoTrip Member ✭✭
    Options
    Maybe but, if so, it is inexcusable. It is too big of a company for that. I'm a doctor and if we closed the hospital, people would die. Quicken also has international customers and we all don't celebrate the same holidays.
  • Carmela5871
    Options
    Very frustrating!
  • ColoTrip
    ColoTrip Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yep. I'm probably not the only person who planned to do year end bookkeeping on this otherwise slow day. We depend on vendors to be consistent and provide services reliably. Not happy about wasting the opportunity because of system failure out of my control.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ColoTrip said:
    Maybe but, if so, it is inexcusable. It is too big of a company for that. I'm a doctor and if we closed the hospital, people would die. Quicken also has international customers and we all don't celebrate the same holidays.
    Quicken is "too big of a company"?  They are a pretty small company.  According to Zippia.com, Quicken's annual revenue is about $100M and they have somewhere between 100-500 employees.  Another site gives numbers that are about half that.  Quicken is a privately held company and this type of information is not publicly available so there's a lot of guessing going on about that.  But it's safe to say that Quicken is not a huge software company by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, the only international customers Quicken has are Canadians.  The USA makes up almost all of Quicken's market.  Outside of the USA and Canada Quicken has no customers they support.  And they support no financial institutions outside of the USA and Canada.

Perhaps you are thinking of Intuit?  Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for about 6 yrs.

Or maybe you are thinking about QuickBooks?  That is still an Intuit product and has an international customer base.  But it is an entirely different program from Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.