Has anyone migrated from Windows Home and Business to Mac?

Options
BeanCounter63
BeanCounter63 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
I’ve been a Windows user of Quicken Home and Business for over 15 years. I’m not a business owner, but this version is the only one that allows the tracking of my investments. I’d like to switch to a MAC as I have migrated to iPad and iPhone over the years and kept a Windows laptop only for Quicken. Windows overwhelms me now and I find the Apple products easier to deal with. Has anyone made this transition and what version of Quicken for MAC are you using for tracking Investment transactions etc..?

Answers

• r6fs
    r6fs Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried using Quicken for MAC, but MAC does not have all the investing reports found in Windows version.
  • BeanCounter63
    BeanCounter63 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @r6fs said:
    > I tried using Quicken for MAC, but MAC does not have all the investing reports found in Windows version.
    That is as I expected, without trying it ☹️ Now considering trying Parallel so I can continue with Windows Quicken Home and Business on a MAC. Hoping I’m not jumping from the frying pan to the fire 🙄.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a current subscriber to Quicken for Windows you are entitled to a free download of Quicken for Mac from your account at quicken.com. Why don't you give it a try and see if the Mac version will work for you and if you can live with it. Go Parallels only if you don't like the results.
  • BeanCounter63
    BeanCounter63 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > As a current subscriber to Quicken for Windows you are entitled to a free download of Quicken for Mac from your account at quicken.com. Why don't you give it a try and see if the Mac version will work for you and if you can live with it. Go Parallels only if you don't like the results.

That is actually my plan, but I also wanted to know the viability before I actually buy a Mac as I have other Windows based software that the move to Mac would affect, but Quicken is top of mind and most critical for me.
This discussion has been closed.