Account bar shows incorrect amount

Sandan
Sandan Member
For several years, the current savings account balance in the Account Bar has been exactly $1600 less than the current/actual balance in the account detail (the main screen that shows the transactions). It goes back to a time when a transfer to my checking account transaction became corrupted. At the time, the checking account did not experience the same issue. No other account has this issue either. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, were they able to correct the displayed balance in the Account Bar? Or am I destined to live with a $1600 difference. Thanks for any help

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    have you completed a 'validate and repair' on the file? does that fix it? 

(look under 'file' on the toolbar)
  • Sandan
    Sandan Member
    Mark1104, yes, I have completed the validate and repair on the file. Didn't help. Thanks for the idea, though.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @sandan - since you know what transaction is creating the issue, can you just delete the transaction and reenter it? the do a validate anad repair again. 
  • jeannedarc1
    jeannedarc1 Member ✭✭
    thank you for raising this issue. I have the same problem. It is NOT just one entry, it is entire accounts that are even much in a negative amount on the Net Worth and show correctly (same as my online accounts) in the Q Account Bar. Could this have something to do with Placeholders?
  • jeannedarc1
    jeannedarc1 Member ✭✭
    thank you for raising this issue. I have the same problem. It is NOT just one entry, it is entire accounts that are even much in a negative amount on the Net Worth and show correctly (same as my online accounts) in the Q Account Bar. Could this have something to do with Placeholders?
  • Sandan
    Sandan Member
    Mark1104, I did that when it originally happened. It's like half of the original/deleted transaction got caught up on the system and is now hidden
This discussion has been closed.