Stop downloading Quicken payee names- I want only statement names (Q Mac)

Jwalt313
Jwalt313 Member ✭✭
I do not want the Quicken payee names downloaded. They are not specific enough. I only want my bank's payee names downloaded. I have deleted all of my rules and auto-categorizations to try to start fresh. How do I stop the auto download of the Quicken names? And then, how do I make rules and auto-categorizations so this never happens again?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Go to Quicken > Settings > Connected Services. Is the checkbox for Automatically Improve the Quality of Downloaded Payee Names and Categories unchecked? If not, uncheck it and see if the situation improves.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jwalt313
    Jwalt313 Member ✭✭
    No, it is not checked. Last night I deleted all of my renaming rules and quick fill rules. This morning I updated my accounts and all of the new transactions are Quicken payee names, not bank payee names. I have been a Quicken user since the 1990s, but this is so frustrating.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I manually enter transactions before download, so I don't really have any experience with this. You can right-click on a transaction and select "Revert to Downloaded Payee Name". But I know this manual intervention is not what you're looking for. Sorry.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.