Most Quicken Deluxe on sale are various years prior to 2023, can you purchase any new Quicken

Options
lwbnfl
lwbnfl Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Before you Buy
product regardless of year, (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022), and will it work for current year 2023???

Best Answers

• fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Most Quicken Deluxe on sale are various years prior to 2023, can you purchase any new Quicken product regardless of year, (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022), and will it work for current year 2023???
    Word on the street the activation code is good for 2 years from when it was generated. I just purchased one from Costco. There is no date listed on the box but it came with a packing slip (I purchased it online), and the packing slip says Quicken Deluxe 2021, so it should be good until the end of 2023.
    Keep in mind, you can’t activate the code until you have 6 months or less on your current subscription.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In times past and I'll use 2021 as the example, a product labeled 2021 was launched in the Fall of 2020 and that was when the codes were generated, so they would have been good until the Fall of 2022.
    At this point, the only ones I would be 100% confident in purchasing are the ones labeled 2022 (Fall 2021).
    What is being done now is anyone's guess, so I will not speculate.
    Maybe one of the moderators will chime in with an official response.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken for Windows or Mac?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • fun1000000
    fun1000000 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Most Quicken Deluxe on sale are various years prior to 2023, can you purchase any new Quicken product regardless of year, (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022), and will it work for current year 2023???
    Word on the street the activation code is good for 2 years from when it was generated. I just purchased one from Costco. There is no date listed on the box but it came with a packing slip (I purchased it online), and the packing slip says Quicken Deluxe 2021, so it should be good until the end of 2023.
    Keep in mind, you can’t activate the code until you have 6 months or less on your current subscription.
  • lwbnfl
    lwbnfl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank You. I did not know this.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In times past and I'll use 2021 as the example, a product labeled 2021 was launched in the Fall of 2020 and that was when the codes were generated, so they would have been good until the Fall of 2022.
    At this point, the only ones I would be 100% confident in purchasing are the ones labeled 2022 (Fall 2021).
    What is being done now is anyone's guess, so I will not speculate.
    Maybe one of the moderators will chime in with an official response.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Taylor Smith
    Taylor Smith Member ✭✭
    Options
    I thought Quicken was a subscription based and there's no offline version? I never seen Quicken Starter or Deluxe for sale at Costco (Canada).
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken still sells boxed versions that are basically a 1 year subscription. I haven't seen one at a Costco store in ages, but they still are available off & on via the Costco web site, as well as at other retailers.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Quicken Canada is only available through quicken.com.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.