Problem with constant crashing

Quicken keeps crashing on me. I am getting a Crash Report that just says it closed unexpectedly last time it was run? In the details it notes errors on QCS.log and SyncLog.txt. Anyone else, or any fixes?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @TGlashan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try clearing cache from Quicken to see if it may help. To do so, please close Quicken, remove the “Cache” folder from “C:\programData\Quicken”, then reopen Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kindar
    Kindar Member
    Similar problem, any attempt to move from the Spending (i.e., initial) screen to a different tab cause the program to crash. Using Quicken Release R45.21 on Windows 11. Internet connection is via WiFi 6 (5 Ghz). Cleared the Cache as recommended above, no change. Performed a Validate File and that seemed to cure the issue.
  • MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Constant crashing.
  • Any solutions for this problem? I had to reinstall and the program crashes when I try to reinstall a backup. I've uninstalled, reinstalled at least a dozen times. I'm seeing the same errors of QCSlog/txt and synclog.txt, among other application data errors.
  • Destarah
    Destarah Member ✭✭
    I just finished reading a thread that started in December, and someone gave a detailed explanation regarding Quicken software allowing unlimited User Objects which ends up creating an issue because Windows has a 10,000 object limit.
    Not sure if Anja is somehow unaware of that other thread, but seems like this needs to be dealt with from the Quicken side of things.

For the record, I am a LONG time user of Quicken (started in 2004) and my QDF file is currently over 638MB. The program crashes are started to wear on my patience ...
  • I finally resolved this by reinstalling Windows and got Quicken to reinstall and open a backup file. Even though I deleted every file of Quicken on my computer before reinstalling, there must have been some invisible file in Windows that hung onto the error and caused repeated crashing.
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Glad you got it fixed. 
  • eeyore6802
    eeyore6802 Member ✭✭
    Anyone still having these issues? The past 2 weeks the program has been constantly crashing and I have uninstalled and reinstalled quick 3 times while working with support and after the last time of taking another 'step' to fix my file I was assured it wouldn't crash again and guess was, not barely 5 days after this its crashing again when I tried to open this morning. This is getting beyond aggravating not to mention making the program that we pay for basically useless. if I can find another program that will allow me to import a quicken file as i have years of history that I really don't want to lose I will be leaving quicken.
This discussion has been closed.