I cannot get quicken to see my Fidelity 457 account to add it, it sees my Fidelity 403b just fine,

Options
When Adding an account, I cannot get quicken to see my Fidelity 457 account to add it, it sees my Fidelity 403b just fine, I am choosing the Fidelity netbenefits site as part of the add account. I can see my account just fine at the Normal Fidelity site, and at the Fidelity netbenefits site. I have been adding this info manually for several years and would like this to auto update just like all my other investing accounts like Vanguard. Any help would be appreciated

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @hobie20sd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you also tried adding the 457 account via Fidelity Investments instead of Fidelity NetBenefits?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hobie20sd
    hobie20sd Member
    Options
    The account does not show up when u use the setup with the standard Fidelity login site either.....just the 403b account appears
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

Next, I suggest you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file or if the issue is on the financial institution's side.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account you were unable to add in your original file (you can try both Fidelity Investments and Fidelity NetBenefits).

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• hobie20sd
    hobie20sd Member
    Options
    I created a new file.....a blank quicken file...and downloaded all my accounts from both Fidelity netbenefits and Fidelity Investments......all my accounts show up EXCEPT the 457b account. Yes the account does show up on both websites if I just log into web....thanks in advance for help...Paul
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

Since the same issue occurs in a test file, this does confirm that this particular account type is not being sent by the financial institution to Quicken. It is possible that the financial institution may not support downloads to Quicken for this specific account type. 

We advise contacting the financial institution to find out more. Please be aware that if your financial institution states they are unable to assist, an escalation with them may be required.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.