Schwab Download

Homer18
Homer18 Member
Schwab download does not eliminate a mature bond. How can I eliminate the bond that is still showing up in my investments?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Homer18,

This has been an issue for quite some time.  Can you tell us what is left - after the Schwab download?  That will help us to determine next steps (which are common, given the way that Quicken may mishandle bond maturities.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Homer18
    Homer18 Member
    The full amount of ABC bond is still showing up in my investment summary after receiving the maturity amount for ABC bond in transaction summary.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sell it.... That's what I do.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Homer18,

Can you explain the transaction (or post a pic here of it) that you downloaded in Quicken related to the bond maturity?  Obviously there was a receipt of cash into your brokerage or bank account, but what was the other side of that transaction?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I remove the bond using the drop-down action menu "remove shares".
  • jon857
    jon857 Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Schwab handles the maturity of the bond in 2 separate transactions. One removing the shares and the second crediting the value.
    QM does not receive the bond descriptive name and therefore does not credit the account by either removing the shares or by crediting the redemption deposit plus the transaction type is wrongly assigned.

To properly record this transaction I need to change, for one of the two downloaded transactions, the TYPE to Sell Bonds, Add the security name in the drop down box, correct the number of shares to match Quicken notation of shares per $100 of face value and remove the note Redemption Payout. The entire process is a real bother!
    Both Quicken and Schwab need to address this issue.
This discussion has been closed.