What happened to my income for 2022 tax planner?

2»

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Keep an eye out for the R46.9 version to be posted on the Mondo Patch web page. It has the Planner update. With still more testing needed to verify the numbers, 2022 looks intact and 2023 looks reasonable.
    It is now there:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭✭
    Note my previous report of how tax planner has been broken for years should not have been merged into this thread. Its a totally different issue than the year change problem.

As I said numbers for many items don't make sense. And even you correct them, they don't stay changed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    tnsprin said:
    Note my previous report of how tax planner has been broken for years should not have been merged into this thread. Its a totally different issue than the year change problem.

As I said numbers for many items don't make sense. And even you correct them, they don't stay changed.
    Your 1st post in this thread was not originally posted in this thread but was merged into it from elsewhere?  Hmmmm.....the usual note stating that the post was merged from elsewhere is missing.

Since the subject of this thread started with and is clearly about Tax Planner year change rollover issues and resolution, you might want to perhaps consider starting a new thread that is specific to the issue you have been seeing so it gets a clean start and the attention it deserves.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    mikek753b said:
    Unfortunately, that version breaks an other useful feature (global FIND and FIND & REPLACE).

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    :-( every new fix or feature breaks something, it's true
    I wish quicken can do better QA
    Best Regards
  • Frustrated123
    Frustrated123 Member ✭✭
    Yes, Quicken has yet again managed to completely screw up the estimated tax calculations at the beginning of the year - just in time for you to file your file estimated tax payment for 2022. If you don't like playing around with your system date (I don't), the below may work for some of you.
    The good news is that the reports are correct. I printed out the Tax Summary and Tax Schedule reports (in summary form, not with all the detail transactions). I then loaded up TurboTax for 2021* tax year (since those estimated tax calculations use the 2022 tax rates) and used the reports to update the Estimated Tax section in TurboTax.
    Actually, since this happens pretty much every year, I also have a spreadsheet that does a pretty good job of calculating taxes, so I ran the numbers through there as well (and got the same results as TurboTax.
    Good luck!
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    yes, I have had issue with tax planner to randomly change numbers too.
    it doesn't retain my selection to use Scheduled, even I see it's selected Scheduled the value in above isn't from the scheduled, but some random values that isn't matching any values from available options.
    bottom line is I can't trust Tax Planner
    I had to re select Scheduled all the time to make it match to top item value to get better calculation
    no matter what I tried I can't get it work 100%
    every new selection some how resets prev page to another random number
    Yes, I showed it to Quicken Support, sure I uploaded all my data and logs, sure Support promised to take a look. But, nothing I got back from Support
    Yes, I run my data validation many times

yes, workaround to use User Entered, but his works only once, the next time I have to manually update User Entered for current

any ideas?
    any Quicken help?
    Best Regards
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use Tax Schedule and Tax Summary reports and keep a spreadsheet.  Unfortunately, the Tax Planner is the best option (when it works) to include Scheduled Transactions.  It would be great if Scheduled Transactions were a selectable option for Quicken reports.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.