Why are my actual expenses not recorded in the budget?

jhilly
jhilly Member ✭✭
I am about done with Quicken. I have been an avid user since 2010 and I have never experienced the amount of issues that I have experienced over the past year. For the past 12 months, my actual expenses do not populate in my budget tab, therefore I never know how i'm doing against my budget. Yes I have the most up-to-date version of Quicken (Version 6.10.3 (Build 610.46328.100)) and yes I have tried duplicating the budget and ensuring all categories are set up correctly. This is a problem with the software itself and for God's sake, someone please fix it!!

Answers

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for you having Quicken issues...I've had my share the last 12 months!

Just so you know, at least for me the actual expenses do show up in my budget, so the software can work as expected in that way.

Perhaps you could share some screen captures to better help others understand what you are seeing and maybe provide a solution?
    -Jay
  • jhilly
    jhilly Member ✭✭
    I’m not sure what to screen cap, but the budget amounts show up, but the “actual” expenses (which should pull data from all of my account ledgers) all show as $0.00. All expense categories are aligned with budget categories, yet all i get are zeros. I’ve been using Quicken’s budget function on PC since 2010 and switched over to the Mac platform in 2021. I’ve never experienced this issue until about 12 months ago. I called quicken support and while they were successful in increasing my level of frustration, they were unsuccessful in finding a solution.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    I’d try making a new data file. Then add a budget with one expense category. Add an expense in that category. See if it appears in the budget actuals. (But I’d guess support already did that?)

That would tell you if I it is a damaged (or otherwise unique or unexpected) data file or if it is the Quicken installation.

You mention the P.C. version of Quicken. Was the data file a transfer conversion from Windows? Just looking for things that make your setup different from the ones that do work.
    -Jay
This discussion has been closed.