Start over with new account

I ran into some problems with a new account in quicken and decided to start over. The institution (MS) ONLY supports direct connect.

I deactivated the online connection, then deleted the account. When I setup the account again, it only downloaded 1 day of transactions instead of the weeks worth that should be there.

How do I get Quicken to forget about transactions previously downloaded and truly start over from the beginning?

Answers

• Hello @Edward Houston,

Thanks for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before we continue, could you please clarify whether you deleted the entire account or just deleted the transactions within the account? 

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I deleted the entire account.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restore a backup from before you created the new MS account. That backup will have no memory of the transactions downloaded into your current working file. Then add in the new account... carefully.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• I was hoping for something more elegant, but that does sound like it will work. Quicken really needs a "clear transaction history" function.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....Quicken really needs a "clear transaction history" function.
    I agree.  You might want to consider proposing this as a product improvement idea at https://community.quicken.com/post/idea.  That will then give other users the opportunity to review and vote for it.  If you do post this there, then be sure to vote for it yourself.
    The Quicken Team does monitor the Ideas posted there and the more votes received the more likely they will add it to the product development plan.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• redo my quicken account
  • start all over with Quicken
  • old user of Quicken. I need to start all over.
This discussion has been closed.