Budget Sliders on Web not working

Does anyone have a fix for the budget sliders on the web? When you look at the visual, it says nothing has been spent in the category. When you click on the category, you see the transactions. All the transactions are there and the category amounts are correct on desktop. Thanks anyone. I have re-synched a dozen times, changed cloud names, super-validated, etc.

Answers

• Hello @johncrva

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    The issue still persists. I have done that multiple times. The transactions are there (in the accounts and when you drill down in the categories). A few categories work, but about 3 do not.
  • Hello @johncrva

Thank you for providing more information. 

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps have failed so far, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Please let me know how this goes. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    did not work.

i've tried this dozens of times.
  • Hello @johncrva

Thank you for providing more information. 

Due to the previous steps having failed, we recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can utilize functions such as screen share and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Patrick2112
    Patrick2112 Member ✭✭
    Did you find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue, tried all of the troubleshooting steps with no change.
  • johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    No, but eventually Quicken glitched out and deleted all my budgets, so I had to start over. I guess that’s the fix, delete your budget and start over. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.