Zero balance after successfully adding account (Q Mac)

jimmackey1957
jimmackey1957 Member ✭✭
I successfully added an account, meaning the quicken tool found the financial institution, I was able to log on, and see the total account value. But when it updated I ended up with no transactions, showing $0 value. Is it because it is Saturday or is there something missing? I never had this issue with other account from other financial institutions.

Answers

• Hello @jimmackey1957,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution is this account with? What is the connection method? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to update the account(s)? What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions?

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jimmackey1957
    jimmackey1957 Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Connect to download from Lincoln Investment Planning Inc. I did not get any error messages. When I first established my connection in the setup, using my login and password, I saw the correct balance listed, but when I completed the sync, there was $0 in the account and no transactions listed.
  • jimmackey1957
    jimmackey1957 Member ✭✭
    Looking at it again, it seems to list only cash, which is very little in the account, and no holdings...which is the bulk of the account.
  • I am having the exact same issue with the same institution.
  • jimmackey1957
    jimmackey1957 Member ✭✭
    Each time I update I see this comment coming through my email. "Login Detected from Unrecognized Device. A login to your investor website account has been detected from a previously unrecognized browser or device". It tells me that even through I am logging in with the correct credentials, there is something going on outside of my control that won't recognize my Quicken site or app and it doesn't allow the download. Just guessing...
  • I am getting the same message -- but I am also getting a verification code from Lincoln. I also see that another user is getting zero balances on their TIAA account. Not sure what is going on. The accounts themselves are downloading, it's just that none of the holdings are showing up.
  • Similar to jimmackey1957, I have just set up my investment accounts in with Lincoln Investment Planning Inc. in Quicken, using Quicken Connect. When I first established my connection in the setup, using my login and password, I saw the correct balances for each account listed, listed, but when I completed the sync, there was $0 in each account and no transactions are listed. I have re-synced several times with the same result. Quicken is not giving any error messages and is saying that the sync is successful.

However, following each attempt I get the following email from Lincoln Investment Planning, Inc.

"A login to your investor website account has been detected from a previously unrecognized browser or device.

Please disregard this message if you recently logged into your account from a new device or have recently deleted your browser cookies.

You may receive these emails after sharing your Lincoln Investment investor website credentials with a third party financial data aggregation service, since they are logging in from their systems on your behalf. If this is the case, and you continue to receive many of these emails, please inform your financial data aggregation service."
  • Hello @jimmackey1957 and @Wexfordlawyer,

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Lincoln Investment account(s) to see if the same issue occurs regarding no transactions or balances. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

Please let me know how this goes.  

-Quicken Jasmine

• I tried again using a test file. The same thing happened when I added my Lincoln accounts:

1. Quicken connected to Lincoln Investment Planning.
    2. The authorization process proceeded normally, i.e. I got a code via email which I plugged in.
    3. The accounts showed up in Quicken with accurate total balances appearing initially.
    4. But the account holdings do not download. No investments are showing. Although the accounts are there in Quicken, they show no holdings and zero balances.
    5. As this is happening, I am receiving the previously quoted email from Lincoln Investment Planning saying that a login has been detected from an unauthorized device, etc. This happens every time I try to sync as well.
  • jimmackey1957
    jimmackey1957 Member ✭✭
    I created the test file and added the Lincoln Investment account. Same result of no transactions or balances.
  • Hello @Wexfordlawyer and @jimmackey1957,

Thank you for attempting the test file. 

Due to the same issue occurring in the test file as in your main file, you will need to contact Lincoln Investment Planning for further assistance as this indicates an issue with the way they are sending information through the servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Looking at the FI list for Quicken for Windows (I don't have access to the list for Mac) ...
    Which of these two financial institution entries are you using to attempt to download investment transactions and holdings into Quicken?
    I don't even know if these are both the same brokerage, but only the first entry has the settings required to download investment information from a brokerage. The 2nd entry only supports banking and credit card accounts, but not investment accounts.

• UKR -- actually, it is neither of those, it is Lincoln Investment Planning. https://www.lincolninvestment.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKR -- actually, it is neither of those, it is Lincoln Investment Planning. https://www.lincolninvestment.com/
    Hmmm, I can't find this one in the FI list for Quicken for Windows. Weird. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Have you asked Lincoln's support center about which URL to use and what kind of downloading into Quicken they support?
  • jimmackey1957
    jimmackey1957 Member ✭✭
    In reference to contacting Lincoln, I did and they were not helpful. They state that Quicken uses too many IP addresses for them to allow. They also do not have a way for me to download any data so I will need to continue entering the data manually. I told them it is odd that their organization is the only one I use that has an issue with connecting to Quicken. They responded saying they do get a lot of calls on this from investors, but are not budging on the IP address and security issue. Any thoughts on this from Quicken Jasmine or someone else at Quicken?
  • jimmackey1957
    jimmackey1957 Member ✭✭
    As for asking what URL to use and what kind of downloading they support, they don't support it. After going through this effort I continue to receive the messages "Login Detected from Unrecognized Device. A login to your investor website account has been detected from a previously unrecognized browser or device." even after I removed the organization from my Quicken account. That left me uneasy so I changed my password to stem that. Two Factor is turned on too.
This discussion has been closed.