Direct Connect Bank Mail messages from Wells Fargo continually reappear after being deleted.

pecopie
pecopie Member ✭✭
I have this issue, and I others have as well [see Chuck_H March 2022 "Bank messages from Wells Fargo Bank continually reappear after being deleted." in HOME› QUICKEN FOR MAC› DOWNLOAD, ADD/UPDATE ACCOUNTS (MAC) and see hbravo May 2022 "Direct Connect Bank Mail" in HOME› QUICKEN FOR MAC› ERRORS AND TROUBLESHOOTING (MAC)]. Would GREATLY appreciate support to remedy this. To quote hbravo... "Good Evening, Is there a way to turn off mail download in Direct Connect? I currently have about 1,000 messages in my direct connect bank mail. It seems the same few emails keep downloading in multiples every time I download transactions. Some messages date back to 2020. The process to delete these messages - click the can and confirm the pop-up takes forever with so many messages." I would add that even after clicking delete, the emails are not deleted and the several hundred reappear each time I update accounts. According to Chuck_H, the moderator's recommendation to Deactivate and then Reactivate all the accounts did not succeed.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting your issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• I'm having the same issue. It will take hours to clear out all the mail.
  • wilderaz
    wilderaz Member ✭✭
    Same issue.
  • BCool
    BCool Member
    same issue
  • slecav
    slecav Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Is there a way to stop the same messages from downloading daily?
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hello All, 

Could you please provide some screenshots of the messages that are continuously appearing (with all private information blurred our redacted)?

This will assist us further in our investigation. 

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @QuickenJasmine Here is a screen shot. The actual message appears to the right, but has identifiable information. It is the same message I have received daily since July 2021; coincidentally, it is about enrolling in Quicken. Now, when updating accounts, it pops up in a separate window. It would be great if:
    1. there was an option in preferences to not download direct mail bank messages. OR
    2. simply prevent all bank messages from being downloaded. I can get them when logging into my bank account

Moreover, if neither can be done, there should be:
    A. a way to "delete all" rather than trying to delete the hundreds of the same message one by one.
    B. An end to the recent inclusion of these in a separate window that opens whenever updating accounts (I don't want them merged into my account update window either). Thanks.
  • slecav
    slecav Member ✭✭
    @quickenJasmine Here is a Screen shot. These 4 messages come to my Bank Direct Connect Email each time I update my accounts.
  • Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue started with latest Quicken update 6.11.2 and continues in 6.11.3 - mine relates to a message from 2/2/2022 about Closed Bill Pay Funding Account. Have gone through and reviewed each one, tried deleting, new ones of the same 2/2/22 message are in the list if I update. Using Direct Connect. Checked the properties and Bill Pay was enabled, so disabled it because do not use it and did not make any difference. Called Wells Fargo and they believe it is a Quicken issue, called Quicken and they blame Wells Fargo. Did not start doing this until the latest update for me.
  • pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    here's screen shot. there are only 2 versions of the emails (one is 3/30/19, other is 5/1/19. There are probably 1,000 copies of the 3/30/19 email. Every time I do an update, an additional copy of the 5/1/19 appears.
  • Alan Grobman
    Alan Grobman Member ✭✭✭
    I don't use Quicken Bill Pay through Quicken anyway - so disconnected and reconnected using Quicken Connect - and no longer an issue - appears to be a Direct Connect issue
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    I get this message every time I update my accounts. I have received it every update since Feb 2022 and just clear them out from time to time. I just finished deleting 128 copies of this same message. Quicken says it's a bank problem. The bank says it's a Quicken problem. I gave up trying to get someone to stop this message from generating, but now it doesn't only do it in the background -- it pops up! There has got to be a way to prevent it from popping up even if I can't stop it. Come on, Quicken.
  • Dublin
    Dublin Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Hundreds of copies of same message from 2022. I'm not sure I can even delete them at this point.
  • wilderaz
    wilderaz Member ✭✭
    Any progress? The same four messages appear with every download and accumulate unless deleted.
  • Hello All, 

Thank you for sharing screenshots and more information.

This issue is still being looked into and we can update you all once we have more details. There is no current ETA. 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Mar0510
    Mar0510 Member
    I am having this same issue. More than 1000 messages and the screen comes up every time I connect to update my accounts. The messages are all from 6/29/2019 or 12/29/2018. I never got this prior to the last SW update last week. I contacted Quicken and they're trying to tell me to call my bank. This cannot be a bank problem. It is definitely a Quicken problem. There has to be some way to delete these with out doing each one separately
  • Customer
    Customer Member ✭✭
    I too am a frustrated 20+ year Quicken user dealing with this issue. As others mentioned, it only started being in your face popping up EVERY CONNECTION since the last update. I use Quicken connect for the affected account, so it is not a direct connect issue in my case. I have thousands of these messages dating back to mid-2019. I deleted all the messages in my bank message system, yet the old ones continue to propagate with every download.
  • rainbows
    rainbows Member ✭✭
    I have been on the phone with quicken and wells fargo and WF said they haven't had the account notification for a couple years. Interesting to me is that I had to reset my WF password due to a breach and there's one mysterious account with dates 4/8/20, 11/1/22 (scam) and 11/17/22 that asked for my old name/password. told about this msg to confirm that it isn't something I broke : )
  • Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo closed my case on 17Jan2023! Wells Fargo denied any responsibility and referred me Quicken!
  • Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    How do you delete these Wells Fargo Mail messages in Quicken for Mac?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting your issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wilderaz
    wilderaz Member ✭✭
    > @Snakeyes said:
    > How do you delete these Wells Fargo Mail messages in Quicken for Mac?

Select the message, click on the trash can near the top center of the message, hit enter/return, repeat.
  • pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    Hi @Snakeyes. Yes, that's how to delete them. Very cumbersome for hundreds or thousands of duplicate emails. Even more distressing is that after manually deleting them, they slowly repopulate each time you do an update.
  • Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Thanks, that trash can is so tiny! I just missed it.
  • Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Now that I have deleted all those messages using the little trash can icon, I get ONE Wells Fargo 8/20/2022 mail message every time I do a transaction update. 8/20/2022 was the first day I started my Wells Fargo Direct Connect connection and did my first transaction update. Do y'all get the same Wells Fargo mail message using Quicken Connect?
  • mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Yes I do, Snakeyes. I have the same problem. Dated from Wells Fargo Direct Connect day one, 2/23/22. And now it pops up every time I do a transaction update. Grrrrr.
  • Snakeyes
    Snakeyes Member ✭✭
    Does Quicken have a case number for this error?
  • I have the same problem and it is taking forever to delete the messages. I have 100s of duplicate messages. If I get rid of them all will it stop happening?
  • wilderaz
    wilderaz Member ✭✭
    > @judyhenderson said:
    > I have the same problem and it is taking forever to delete the messages. I have 100s of duplicate messages. If I get rid of them all will it stop happening?

No, but you likely have many redundancies so the amount that reappear in any given download will probably be far less than what you're deleting now.
  • pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    FYI, I have 2 distinct emails that replicate. One of them is from 5/1/19, the other is from 3/30/3019. About a month or so ago I manually deleted the hundreds (thousands? who knows?) of all the 5/1/19 emails. Since then, every time I do an update, that email repopulates. I have about 60 copies now. I probably have thousands of the 3/30/19 email, and I know there are more iterations daily. So, to answer your question @judyhenderson, based on my experience, if you delete the offending emails, it will not stop happening.
This discussion has been closed.