PNC Performance Checking vs. Web Connect -- Download/Import Issue (Q Mac)

Mark E Rayburn
Mark E Rayburn Member ✭✭
Since I performed my first PNC download to Quicken in January of last year, my Accounts view has always shown two accounts: PNC Performance Checking and PNC Checking Web Connect. From the beginning, my PNC Performance Checking account has always shown all transactions and a correct balance, while my PNC Checking Web Connect account has never shown any entries and the balance was alwas $0.00. I even deleted the Web Connect account a couple of times and it always reappeared following my next import. This morning I opened Quicken, applied their latest update, and performed a fresh download and import from PNC. And this time the import sent ~90 days of transactions to my Web Connect account, and nothing to my Performance Checking account. Any advice?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Mark E Rayburn,

Based on the additional information, I think the suggestion I made above about "deleting the wrong account", still would be part of the fix.  But you should first make sure that the account you were downloading into in the past is NOT the account you delete.  And after that step, you'll likely need to either do another manual download (which may give you a file with only the "more recent" transactions , or use the one that had the ~90 days of transactions, and just, not import/delete, the duplicates.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Hi @Mark E Rayburn,

Do you have more than one checking account at PNC?  From the information you provided it sounds as if you initially setup two accounts in Quicken for one checking account at the bank (which would obviously be a mistake).

I am not a Mac user, so I cannot explain why the account reappeared after you deleted it (but I've never heard of that happening in Q Windows).  Also, since you received transactions for ~90 days, it sounds like Quicken believes this is a new Quicken connection on a PNC account.  Have you ever tried disconnecting completely from PNC for both accounts, > then deleting the "wrong" account, closing Quicken, and finally setting up a new connection at PNC for the one account?  If not, I would suggest that you try that.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• No, I only have one PNC account. And I don't maintain a PNC "connection." I manually download exports from PNC and then manually upload the file into Quicken (Two-step process).
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Mark E Rayburn,

Based on the additional information, I think the suggestion I made above about "deleting the wrong account", still would be part of the fix.  But you should first make sure that the account you were downloading into in the past is NOT the account you delete.  And after that step, you'll likely need to either do another manual download (which may give you a file with only the "more recent" transactions , or use the one that had the ~90 days of transactions, and just, not import/delete, the duplicates.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

• > @Frankx said:
    > Hi again @Mark E Rayburn,
    >
    > Based on the additional information, I think the suggestion I made above about "deleting the wrong account", still would be part of the fix.  But you should first make sure that the account you were downloading into in the past is NOT the account you delete.  And after that step, you'll likely need to either do another manual download (which may give you a file with only the "more recent" transactions , or use the one that had the ~90 days of transactions, and just, not import/delete, the duplicates.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Frankx

That took care of it! Thank you. You, sir, are a steely-eyed missile man!!!

Mark E Rayburn
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Mark E Rayburn,

I love that movie and consider your comment a great compliment!

Take care,

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.