Sync Error Warning on Visa COSTCO citi account - QCS status 403

For weeks, I am getting "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support." I finally isolated to this COSTCO citi account.
Further details: "bill presentment provider logins download: could not process response [metaData]: [resources]: with QCS status 403 for request (null) server error.

My Quicken is Deluxe Version 6.10.3 (Build 610.46328.100) macOS 13.1

Comments

• Hello @Tom Maverick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• And this is a new version of Quicken Version 6.11.2 (Build 611.47329.100)
  • Hello @Tom Maverick,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. 

To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    10. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    11. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    12. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Thank you for these details. I followed all instructions specifically, but at the end, again, I got the same Sync Error warning. Here is the screen shot, which looks like the one before. I did see "Updating Transactions..." at the top before the warning.
    So, no success....

Tom
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for these details. I followed all instructions specifically, but at the end, again, I got the same Sync Error warning. Here is the screen shot, which looks like the one before. I did see "Updating Transactions..." at the top before the warning.
    So, no success....

Tom
    Hello @Tom Maverick,     

I am sorry to hear about these problems with online banking services that seem to be continuing. Thanks for letting us know about what is happening.

First, are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), new pop-up blockers, or new antivirus software? Also, 
    if you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your COSCTO/Citi-affiliated account in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file.

If these issues seem to continue in the test file, then then it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them.

I hope that is helpful, and let us know if you are able to connect the account successfully in the test file. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you authorized Quicken to be granted access to your Citi Cards accounts? Have you checked that this is still in effect?

Logon to the Citi website, locate the Settings page and select Manage Desktop Apps.
    On that page make sure that "Quicken (Windows or Mac)" has access to your accounts. If not, use the "Add Access button" to set it up.

This discussion has been closed.