Is there an update to the previous discussion regarding Computershare downloads?

JustsomeguyintheUS
JustsomeguyintheUS Member ✭✭
I am experiencing the same issue as discussed here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912556/computershare-downloads
I am running Quicken Version 6.11.1 (Build 611.47285.100) on macOS 12.6
FI = Computershare Investor Centre
Connection Type = Quicken Connect
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @JustsomeguyintheUS,

I think that the information displayed in Quicken is not completely accurate, because we both went down the same rabbit hole of thinking that all accounts in the Computershare Investor Center were available for Quicken connections. 

I think the data that Quicken displays for us users should clearly indicate that it is only certain accounts of certain employer-sponsored plans (and I doubt that there are actually many of these) which use Computershare, that are available for Quicken downloads.  That information currently is not clear and should be amended by Quicken.

Take care.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JustsomeguyintheUS

My understanding is that there are only a couple of employer benefit plans (that apparently are administered by Computershare) that are able to connect to Quicken.  Other accounts, such as stock dividend reinvestment programs, cannot connect to Computershare in Quicken.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I am not sue this is true. I believe I had this working but the SMS multi-factor authentication was getting in the way. In order to turn off Computershare's MFA, I had to delete the Computershare access account and recreate it. The Computershare security questions would remain intact. I can now successfully connect to Computershare but I show a zero balance (which is not true).

Computershare Investor Centre is listed as a selection from the Quicken account pick list. I think it is reasonable to assume that if it is listed in the pick list that it should be a working function. If the Computershare Investor Centre is not supported then I would not expect it to be listed in the Quicken account list.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again "JustsomeguyintheUS"

Well I am sure that what I posted above is true.  And if you want to double check it yourself, all you need to do is to log-in to your Computershare account and "Ask Penny".  Here's what Penny will tell you.

And as I said above - there are apparently a couple of specific employer benefit plans that CAN be downloaded, but no others.

Again, hope this helps you...

Frankx

• Thanks for the followup and details, @Frankx . I still do not understand what Computershare Investor Center shows up in Quicken's account list selection unless it is just poor programming. What are your thoughts on this?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @JustsomeguyintheUS,

I think that the information displayed in Quicken is not completely accurate, because we both went down the same rabbit hole of thinking that all accounts in the Computershare Investor Center were available for Quicken connections. 

I think the data that Quicken displays for us users should clearly indicate that it is only certain accounts of certain employer-sponsored plans (and I doubt that there are actually many of these) which use Computershare, that are available for Quicken downloads.  That information currently is not clear and should be amended by Quicken.

Take care.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.