Impossible to Change 2-factor authentification method??

Options
Settings/SingIn&Security/Change Security Codes

can't change from email to SMS text.
Get:
"Please select a different way of receiving your security codes than your current one"

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @boulderwise

Are you a Mac user?  If so, you have posted your inquiry as a Windows matter.  Please edit it or resubmit so that the respondents can correctly reply.

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• boulderwise
    boulderwise Member ✭✭
    Options
    nope - this is a windows Q-Deluxe issue (too?)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again boulderwise,

Okay, the "image" you added to your post threw me.  I have never see that in Quicken.  So exactly where did that come from? Is it from one of your financial institutions?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• boulderwise
    boulderwise Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken web app
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @boulderwise,

I don't use Quicken on the Web very much (actually I tested using it more than a year ago) and I didn't recognize that font or the wording used in the message.  I suspect that the message is being generated by the financial institution (rather than Quicken).  Have you tried clicking on the "Let us know" Link?  Another option would be to sign-in to your account outside of Quicken (i.e. - via your web browser) to see if you can change the method you get security codes.

I am sorry that I can't be of more help, but maybe someone else in the Community may be able to respond here.  And you could also try contacting Quicken Support through this LINK.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• boulderwise
    boulderwise Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did sing in they the "quicken on the web" web interface.
    Issue isn't with third party bank, it's with quickens 2factor settings section of their web interface Settings/Signin&Security/Change Security Codes page.

And this thread is the result of Qs "Let us know" link
  • boulderwise
    boulderwise Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wish I could just SING-in, ha!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @boulderwise,   

Thank you for letting us know about this problem with changing the multi-factor authentication method. We are sorry that this is continuing.

I would like to echo @Frankx in suggesting that you reaching out to Quicken Support using the link he provided (provided here, as well, just in case). They will need to document and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them.

We hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • boulderwise
    boulderwise Member ✭✭
    Options
    Done - reported to Tech support chat this morning. Said they'd check it out and email me their findings. We'll see...
This discussion has been closed.