Elan/Fidelity connection issues

Larry Kamin
Larry Kamin Member ✭✭
My Fidelity (Elan) credit card could never connect directly, so I downloaded transactions from the Fidelity website. Recently, the Fidelity site stopped downloading directly but offered a link to Elan to download transactions. However, when I go to the redirected site, I now get a download that will not open. The message is "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file." Anyone know what's what?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    My Fidelity (Elan) credit card could never connect directly, so I downloaded transactions from the Fidelity website. Recently, the Fidelity site stopped downloading directly but offered a link to Elan to download transactions. However, when I go to the redirected site, I now get a download that will not open. The message is "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file." Anyone know what's what?
    Hello @Larry Kamin,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. Also, note that there are currently a number of Open Alerts regarding Fidelity accounts that may be related to this situation. You can follow the links provided here, here, and here for more information, and for any future updates.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is an active alert on this... https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7924231/new-11-21-22-fdp-101-error-for-fidelity-rewards-credit-card/p1?new=1

However, mine starting working again two days ago. Have you checked lately?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Pstuckert73
    Pstuckert73 Member
    edited December 2022
    I experienced download problems on my Fidelity credit card ten days ago when I upgraded to a newer version of quicken. I continue to have problems so I deleted the account in Quicken. I am waiting for a fix or the next upgrade to Quicken. Gotta love those upgrades. Not the first time I have encountered problems on quicken upgrades. [Removed - Disruptive]

• RickO
    My Fidelity Reward Card has been working again for a few days. I'd suggest restarting the computer and then trying to reconnect the account using FI name Fidelity Rewards Credit Card (not Elan).
  • Larry Kamin
    Larry Kamin Member ✭✭
    I tried again this morning and I found that Fidelity had reverted (in part) to the prior system where downloads of transactions could be done directly from the Fidelity site, rather than redirecting the inquiry to Elan. It was a bit different in that the default download was one month rather than six months. HOWEVER, the problem remained. The download proceeded but when I clicked on it Quicken gave me the error message, "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file."
  • RickO
    I am not using Web Connect. I am connecting directly from within Quicken (Quicken Connect) using FI name Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.
  • Larry Kamin
    Larry Kamin Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, that didn't work either. My Fidelity credit card is linked to my brokerage account at Fidelity, so I log into the brokerage acct, then link to the credit card. When I tried to use Quicken's link to Fidelity Rewards Card, it didn't recognize my sign in. And while it appears I can still download QFX files from the Fidelity site, I continue to get the message, "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file."
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I had to attempt login of Fidelity Rewards Credit Card FI in Quicken 3 times before it accepted the login.  The final time, the login process wanted my FI security questions answered. Strange.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Doug Eldred
    Doug Eldred Member ✭✭
    Create a mint.com account, add the Fidelity card to it, and you can then download CSV that Quicken will accept. It's a little tedious, you have to move transactions from the import account to your actual credit card account, but it's a lot easier and more reliable than manually entering everything.
  • Larry Kamin
    Larry Kamin Member ✭✭
    Fixed the problem by creating an account on Fidelity Rewards website. (I had always accessed the account through the Fidelity brokerage account, which get redirected to Elan.) Then I changed the connection type on Quicken with my new logon to Fidelity Rewards. Transactions then downloaded to the Fidelity credit card account I'd been using. Thanks all for your suggestions.
  • I cannot connect or download transactions from my Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. I have a separate login in and password from my Fidelity investment account and I am trying to connect via fidelityrewards.com. I also tried to download transactions from the fidelity rewards CC site and upload into Quicken but get this error message "Unable to read the selected Web Connect file"

Attached is a screen shot of the error message when I try to add the account to Quicken (deleted the account and wanted to start over and add to Quicken)
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am able to download Fidelity Rewards Credit Card transactions via the Elan Financial connection using the same login password as the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection. Have you tried using Elan Financial connection?  Elan Financial was the original connection for the card prior to Quicken adding the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• I just tried (after shutting down both Quicken and restarting my computer) and still not luck. Thanks for the help, though. It is frustrating...
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi @Joangilbert, I am sorry for the trouble you are still experiencing with Elan Financial. CC-929 is when you have attempted to add the account to many times. 

First, wait one hour. Then, sign out of Quicken and sign back in:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.  
    2. Click Sign in as a different user.
    3. Type "yes" to confirm and click Sign Out.
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
    5. Attempt to add your account again. 
    Please let me know if the issue persists so we can look further into this. Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.