Register Filter "Custom Date" Doesn't Work

Options
CancerBoy
CancerBoy Member ✭✭
I'm trying to filter a register (which happens to be for a bank account) to only show transactions for a certain date range by using "Filter\Custom". I set the first date to 11/01/22 and the second to 05/31/23. The register does then start at 11/1/22, but shows all subsequent dates - in this case through 01/31/24.

I use this register to project cash balances through the end of the year, so I do need the June - December data. Just don't want to scroll all through it to get to the current date.

Is there a setting or something that I am missing?

Alternatively, is there a way to quickly place the cursor to today's date in the register? It currently defaults to the last line of the register.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe that there's a setting you are missing.  The process of customizing the filter to a specific date span is working for me.  (R45.21).  What Release are you on?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CancerBoy said:
    I use this register to project cash balances through the end of the year, so I do need the June - December data. Just don't want to scroll all through it to get to the current date.
    Alternatively, is there a way to quickly place the cursor to today's date in the register? It currently defaults to the last line of the register.
    There's a keyboard shortcut, CTRL-G, to go to a specific date in the (sorted by Date) register.
    A popup asks for which date to go to. I believe it defaults to today's date. If it doesn't, in the date field of the popup type the letter "t" (for "today"), then press Enter. All other date shortcuts are available, too, as in any Date field.
    For more about keyboard shortcuts see https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Keyboard+shortcuts+in+Quicken

Have you tried using the Bills & Income tab's Projected Balances view?
    If all your future dated transactions are represented by future instances of Scheduled Reminders, this view, once customized to your needs, will show you your future balances, up to 1 year in advance. And all this without preloading your register with future dated transactions.
  • CancerBoy
    CancerBoy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Tom - BOTH answers were right on the mark. CTRL-G does default to the current date (PERFECT!) and the projected balances view is EXACTLY what I needed. I'm using R46.12 and the custom date function doesn't work, but the other two answers you gave makes this problem superfluous.

Thanks a TON!!
This discussion has been closed.