Merrill Lynch

Options
I am having difficulty downloading the transactions from my brokerage accounts with Merrill Lynch (ML) - using Quicken for Mac. I also can no longer see the transactions in my quicken reports. Asking ML was not much help; they simply pointed the finger at Quicken. This was a non-event until a few months ago; it was working well but stopped a couple of months ago. Now that the tax time is here, it is a real problem. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution? Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @HJB33647,

Thanks for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Merrill Lynch? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions? 

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• HJB33647
    HJB33647 Member
    Options
    Hello Quicken Jasmine - the connection method is Quicken Connect (i.e., I am connecting directly to Merrill Lynch). And no, I am not getting any error messages. I have a feeling that I am connecting to their server and transactions are being downloaded. However, I cannot see any of those transactions. This never happened before - it started a couple of months ago.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @HJB33647,

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest changing the connection method from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect to see if that will help resolve the issues that you are experiencing. You can switch the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Change Connection Type

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• amybutchersf
    amybutchersf Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm confused by your advice. I'm on Quicken Deluxe on Mac 6.11.3 and when I click Settings, there is no Downloads. Could you be more specific about where you are directing those of us having trouble with Merrill Lynch?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @amybutchersf,

I apologize for the confusion. 

You would navigate to the Settings Gear which is located in the bottom right-hand corner of your register regarding the account(s) that you are experiencing issues with. 

I hope this clears things up. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• amybutchersf
    amybutchersf Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I was able to get Merrill Lynch to connect. It seemed that they might have changed the format of their account numbers as Quicken warned me that a "different" account was already connected, but it was the same one.
  • amybutchersf
    amybutchersf Member ✭✭
    Options
    One more thing here. After finally connecting, I noticed that it wasn't showing any transactions and was set for "simple" investment tracking method. I see that there are several threads from other folks trying to fix this, and various finger pointing from ML to Quicken and back again.

For me, the solution provided here did the trick. Disconnect and then reconnect with the right ML.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20332821#Comment_20332821
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @amybutchersf,

Thank you for providing more information. 

I am happy to hear that you were able to find resolutions to the issues that you were experiencing. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.