Why is it so difficult to get into quicken? [Edited]

rmarkm24
rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web
Why is it so difficult to get into quicken? [Removed - Profanity] I want to quickly get into my bank accounts... Period! [Removed - Speculation]

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rmarkm24

Can you please be more specific on what you are trying to do and accomplish? 

are you indicating that it takes a long time for Q to lanuch? to change screen?  is the issue you are experieincing with your computer? web? etc.  

really need more explanation to provide any help.
  • rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    Just wanting to get into my account!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    rmarkm24 said:
    Just wanting to get into my account!
    Hello @rmarkm24,   

Thanks for getting back to us about this. We are sorry for the ongoing credential issues.

Can you tell us what banking institution is associated with the account(s)? Also, are you trying to update online banking services, or add an account? Are you seeing any particular error messages?

More information will help us provide the best possible assistance.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    Is there a way to create a shortcut that takes me directly to my account? I don't want to have to go through all of the sales pages, the account information pages, etc., because I cannot get to my account through those pages anyway! I'm given ways to download quicken, to update my accounts, etc., BUT I virtually have to LUCK OUT to get to my transaction pages of my accounts!
  • rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    I have now copied and pasted a link from my transaction page into Microsoft WORD, and I can now go directly to my transaction pages via the copied shortcut, but I do still have to open that word document to click on that link. WHY HASN'T QUICKEN GIVEN A LINK TO THE TRANSACTION PAGES DIRECTLY WITHOUT ME HAVING HAD DONE TAT FOR MYSELF?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you have a shortcut to Quicken on your Desktop?  You just open Quicken.  There should be no extra screens to get into your program and data.   You don't need to go online or log in to anything.  Quicken is just like any other program on your computer.   Put the shortcut link directly on your Desktop or dock at the bottom.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    How can I get to that Icon and dock it onto my screen or better yet onto my start bar?
  • rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    Quicken hasn't given me a way to click on ANY of their icons that will take me directly to my accounts! Please rightclick on your icon and copy that directive ( not into your account) but into the Quicken main, then I can copy that and create my own Icon for Quicken
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears to me to that @rmarkm24 is talking about launching Quicken on the Web on his/her PC- or Mac-based browser.
    Someone please tell the customer that Quicken on the Web is NOT a stand-alone application. It requires Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac as the primary application. All bank accounts, all transactions need to be defined in a Quicken data file stored locally on the PC or Mac and synchronized with the file on Quicken on the Web.
    BTW, a link to a webpage can and should be bookmarked within your browser. That eliminates the need for a separate Word document.
  • rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    So, what you're saying is that I need to find and reinstall Quicken onto my computer. If I can't find the original, I'll have buy another, right?
  • rmarkm24
    rmarkm24 Member ✭✭
    The computer that had the original Quicken program CRASHED, and I had to buy a new computer. The only thing that I had was my backed up files on the web.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have a backup of your Quicken data file, you'll need to reinstall Quicken and start over. The Quicken on the Web is only a subset of your Quicken data and can't be used to recover your Quicken data file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "backed up files on the web" are you referring to DropBox, OneDrive or similar online product where Backup files created by Quicken can be stored?
    OR, are you referring to the "Quicken on the Web" files, as discussed by @Greg_the_Geek?
    The former are a complete set of your Q data as of the time they were produced.
    The latter are always a subset or your data and can't be used to recover.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.