Anyone else required to use 2 security codes to download account at Navy Federal C.U.?

Palace
Palace Member ✭✭✭
This has been occurring for about 2 months now, on and off. Any ideas for a solution?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well, I've had success with updating (and or downloading) my account transactions the last 2 days at NFCU with only using ONE security code (Hip, Hip, Hooray!!) I noticed Quicken mentioned they had hopefully solved the issue with 'repeating security codes' and grindingly slow updates. So hopefully this remedy solves this permanently? Anyway, thanks Quicken techies. I understand we all like to complain about problems with software. So here's a compliment for a change :-)

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Palace,

Is this occurring during a normal downloading session, or when you are connecting new accounts, or resetting an account/accounts?  Do you have more than one log-in for NFCU (e.g. - perhaps one for you and another for your spouse)?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Frankx. Thanks for response. Only have this problem when I attempt to update (and or download) the latest transactions from NFCU. Quicken post the usual window asking to chose email or text to confirm my id. I chose email. I then check email, get security code #, and send along to Quicken. Wait about 2 or 3 minutes. Then get another window demanding same information, Again either chose email or text to confirm my id. Again I chose email. Again check email from Quicken, Again get security code #, Again send along to Quicken. Second time the code works fine and opens NFCU updates and downloads latest transactions; though it usually takes about 2 or 3 minutes. Answering your other questions. No, not opening new accounts. Not resetting accounts. Only have one log-in for NFCU.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Palace,

Have you tried using text messages instead of email.  I tested both today and while both of them connected, the email took longer to receive the code (so the download didn't start as soon as the text message download). 

Off and on I have had experiences similar to what you've described with downloads to a credit card account (at a bank - not at NFCU).  There is a significant delay in getting the code from the bank and as a result, the connection times out before I get the code, so I have to start all over again.  It usually takes two or three tries before I can make that connection.

Which Quicken release are you running?  I am still on R44.28 (because of all the issues that were present in releases issued after that one) so that also could be a consideration, especially if this is new behavior that you are seeing...

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Well, I attempted to use text instead of email. And it made no difference; the Update on Navy Federal C.U. still requires me to use 2 Update TWICE in order to download all tranastions. BTW, the Update takes about 3 to 5 minutes to dowload now, few months ago would be about 30 seconds to 1 minute. So, I guess I'll just have to 'grin and bear it', so to speak :-) By the way, I'm using the latest update to my Quicken software. Way I figure, if Quicken doesn't work out the 'kinks' in their software, then I'll continue to use it until I decide it 'ain't worth it'. All in all though, Quicken is decent finacial software, been using it for about 20 years or so. After all, what's the alternative? So wait and see how this goes. Anyway, thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Palace,

Just to complete the thought that I mentioned in the last sentence of my last post above...

It was about two months ago, when many users were having problems with a few Quicken Releases issued after R44.28 - which is why I (and many other users) decided to either stay at R44.28, or (for those who had updated to later releases) to revert to R44.28.  You could also revert and see if the problems continue to exist.  If you decide to do so, please make sure you have a good backup file, just in case.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

• Palace
    Palace Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well, I've had success with updating (and or downloading) my account transactions the last 2 days at NFCU with only using ONE security code (Hip, Hip, Hooray!!) I noticed Quicken mentioned they had hopefully solved the issue with 'repeating security codes' and grindingly slow updates. So hopefully this remedy solves this permanently? Anyway, thanks Quicken techies. I understand we all like to complain about problems with software. So here's a compliment for a change :-)
This discussion has been closed.