How can I select a single account to update?

Makers
Makers Member ✭✭
I recently upgraded to Quicken for a Mac, Version 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) and no longer see how to update a single account, ie, "Update Selected Account". I only see the menu option to "update all accounts". I'm running Mac OS 13.1.

Best Answers

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You cannot at this time.

This was a design decision purposely made by the developers for a few reasons I won't get into. 

But, you aren't missing anything.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    John, you and I usually agree, but not this time. The extra three minutes it takes to send a payment instruction to my D/C bank is time I will never get back. I am definitely missing something.

Makers: There are several threads on this already on the forum, including an Idea post that you can vote on to bring this options back. Quicken Victoria has asked for feedback on use cases for consideration.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023
    RickO said:
    John, you and I usually agree, but not this time. 
    I don't think anything in my post gave any indication I supported this change. That is why I said I wouldn't get into it. :smile:

I simply stated it is not possible at this time.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    John, Sorry, I think I misunderstood your comment "you aren't missing anything". I guess you meant not missing the long winded discussion, rather than not missing the feature?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    I would love to see the option to pick and choose come back, though I'll admit it didn't always work as intended. That is, I'd select an account to update and the program would still update others.
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Rick, by "not missing anything," I'm pretty sure John was saying I wasn't overlooking the option somewhere, or simply that the option is indeed nowhere to be found any longer.
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    PS. Please link the posts that will allow me to vote to bring this back, and Queen Victoria's for use cases.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The developers have listened to the outcry over this issue; the command to Update Selected Online Account has been restored in the version 6.12 release.

(As it did before, this command does more than the title suggests: if the account selected is a Direct Connect connection, Quicken Mac updates all accounts at that financial institution, and if the account selected is a Quicken Connect connection, Quicken Mac updates all Quicken Connect accounts from all institutions.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Great news! Thanks for the info!
  • Mark_Orlando
    Mark_Orlando Member ✭✭

It's very annoying that I need to provide a code from American Express provided through a text message to update Bank of America only.  Bank of America stopped support for "Direct Connect". I will be switching to Wells Fargo since they have no fee for Direct Connect and positive feedback. 

Edit(before posting): I updated my connection to American Express to Direct connect and then back to another form of connecting and it no longer asks me for a code every time I update. So, “Update All Accounts” works good again. 

This discussion has been closed.