combine two Q datafile (Q Mac)

marcz
marcz Member
wanting to combine checking acct A (1/1/06-6/15/22) with checking acct B (6/15/22-current) and checking acct B is current updatable datafile

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    marcz said:
    wanting to combine checking acct A (1/1/06-6/15/22) with checking acct B (6/15/22-current) and checking acct B is current updatable datafile
    Hello @marcz,  

Thank you for talking with us about combining, importing, and converting data. 

First, are you want to simply combine the transaction information of three individual accounts, rather than entire data files? Are these accounts being managed within a single data file? Knowing this will help us to shed further light on some options that may be useful in this situation.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• marcz
    marcz Member
    Hello, and thanks for writing me back. I'm not entirely certain as to what you mean by "combining the transaction information" and how do you distinguish transaction information" from "entire data files"?

As far as I understand, my two checking accounts (and two related and similar savings accounts) reside within one single data file.

Looking forward to more from you! Marc
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If both accounts are in the same file, simply select all the transactions in the register of the old account & drag them to the new account. You will have to remove what was the opening balance transaction in the new account (since it will no longer be the first transaction).

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.