NFCU Transaction Download

Andy Brace
Andy Brace Member ✭✭
Quicken for Mac 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) has not wanted to download transactions from my visa card at Navy Federal since 1/13/23. The Online Balance is correct, just no transactions. Went to NFCU's site and pulled the transactions in a QFX file and imported just fine.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken for Mac 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) has not wanted to download transactions from my visa card at Navy Federal since 1/13/23. The Online Balance is correct, just no transactions. Went to NFCU's site and pulled the transactions in a QFX file and imported just fine.
    Hello @Andy Brace,   

We are sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your Navy Federal Credit Union-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to any further correspondence you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    I'm running Quicken for a Mac, Version 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100). My Mac is running OS 13.1. After the most recent Quicken upgrade my Navy Federal Visa transactions no longer download. All other Navy Federal accounts update fine. I have disabled and reconnected the account twice and still nothing. I have a least a dozen visa transactions dating back to January 7th that aren't being downloaded. Help!
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Jared, I created the test file as you requested and the results were essentially the same. The last transaction downloaded is dated 1/6, the same as my live file, although I see 15 transactions dated after 1/6 if log into my NFCU account directly from a web browser.
  • rjsvermont
    rjsvermont Member ✭✭
    :/ I have the same issue, since installing 6.11.3 update unable to download transactions from NFCU VISA account. Last downloaded transaction is dated 1/12/23.
    Please fix.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Makers said:
    Hello Quicken Jared, I created the test file as you requested and the results were essentially the same. The last transaction downloaded is dated 1/6, the same as my live file, although I see 15 transactions dated after 1/6 if log into my NFCU account directly from a web browser.
    Hello @Makers,   

Thanks so much for letting me know about the results from the test file. We are sorry that this issue is persisting.

If the problem is being replicated in a test file, and the Connection Type is 'Quicken Connect,' then it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. 

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lmloewen
    lmloewen Member
    Having the same exact issue as this thread. Increasingly frustrating as NFCU's technology just can't keep up it seems; this issue happens periodically. Never have these issues with other banks.
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    I just chatted with Quicken Support. Unfortunately won't attempt to debug this issue unless I send them my log files which I'm not comfortable doing. Perhaps someone else in this thread wants to take that step. I may just consider switching to another personal finance tool.
  • This exact same thing is happening with my NFCU Visa not downloading into Quicken for Mac or Windows since 1/11/23. Spoke with "NFCU - Advanced Digital Services Department" @ (888) 842-6328‬ & they were completely oblivious and useless. Spoke multiple times with Quicken Premier Support for Mac & Windows and they all stated that they have an issue with NFCU but no additional information. Multiple Resets & Deactivating/Reactivating account was all they had to offer and it produced no fixes. Sent them log files and no resolutions offered.
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Thanks for posting this info @PhilPirozzi. I was pretty certain the log files would be of no help to Quicken to debug this issue. The system successfully connects but doesn't see or is ignoring the new transactions so nothing in the log file seems amiss. No different if there were actually no new transactions to download. The issue arose when I updated to Quicken 6.11.3 and first used it to download transactions. Something changed in this build with respect to pulling transactions in the format NFCU uses for Visa accounts. It's clearly not on NFCU's end since those of us experiencing the problem have seen it start with transactions on random dates. If it was on NFCU's end, we'd all see the problem arise with transactions dated the same date after NFCU made a change on their end.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an ongoing issue not only with Q Mac but also with Q Windows.  But I am not convinced that it is exclusively an NFCU issue.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rjsvermont
    rjsvermont Member ✭✭
    :) Don't know how or why but I was able to download NFCU Visa transactions just now. Hope it continues.
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. I just tried and a slew downloaded for me too. Let's hope that's everything and that the issue is fixed!
This discussion has been closed.